Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

When I download movies from Hero7black to desktop, the quik app does not recognize them in media, so

[ New ]

When I download movies from Hero7black to desktop, the quik app does not recognize them in media. So, do I have to leave the movie files on my gopro to edit them? I wanted to clear off my sdcard then edit with files off my computer, but when I try to add media, it does not show the files that were imported... Help please. :)

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: When I download movies from Hero7black to desktop, the quik app does not recognize them in me...

[ New ]

Hello, @almad4645. Is this true for all the files that you have on your camera's SD card? Does it matter which resolution settings were used to record these files?

See if the files that are not read could be using HEVC. These files need to meet a minimum set of system requirements in order to be accessible through Quik. 

Also, check if the files may be incorrectly dated. In this case, the files could be located under a different timeline in Quik so you may have to scan through the other media. 

Let us know what you find out. See also if you are able to access, view, and edit your files through the GoPro App, or other programs

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: When I download movies from Hero7black to desktop, the quik app does not recognize them in me...

[ New ]

Hello, @almad4645. Is this true for all the files that you have on your camera's SD card? Does it matter which resolution settings were used to record these files?

See if the files that are not read could be using HEVC. These files need to meet a minimum set of system requirements in order to be accessible through Quik. 

Also, check if the files may be incorrectly dated. In this case, the files could be located under a different timeline in Quik so you may have to scan through the other media. 

Let us know what you find out. See also if you are able to access, view, and edit your files through the GoPro App, or other programs