Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

What's the best alternative to Go Pro Studio?

I've recently upgraded my laptop to an HP Envy Notebook with Windows 10 and despite constant dialogue with the Go Pro team, we have not been able to get Go Pro Studio to work. They have advised me to use some alternative software whilst they raise the issue with their software development team. They can't however advise me which software to do?

Is there an alternative software which is free and simple to use?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous

Re: What's the best alternative to Go Pro Studio?

Thanks Jason, I will look at your advice tonight, and will let you know how I get on

Many thanks

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for making us aware of your situation you are experiencing with GoPro Studio. I personally discovered your previous support case and I would like to provide you further assistance and in order to do so, we are going to assist you offline and will be in contact with your via email shortly.

Again, we are truly sorry for any inconvenience. We will be in contact with you soon. Thanks for your patience.
Anonymous

Thanks Jason, I will look at your advice tonight, and will let you know how I get on

Many thanks

Anonymous

I am having the same issue with my HP Envy Notebook. The videos work fine in the Go Pro App but when I try to view them in the Studio I only get audio. What was the solution here?

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have not tried it but this looks quite good (for free) but it may not cope with Time lapse images shot on a gopro (but if you want it just for video maybe give it a try) :

http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor

Anonymous

I gave up trying to sort out windows 10 and gopro, so use sony play memories instead, works great!

Explorer

Since this thread has popped up I figured I'd give a link to some editing software.  Also, as a reminder or notice to those who don't know, GoPro will be releasing the Quick Desktop app soon.  A quick Smiley Very Happy and easy way to produce professional looking videos!

In the meantime, here is a link from reddit/VideoEditing 

https://www.reddit.com/r/VideoEditing/comments/19v6u5/basic_guide_to_pc_video_editing_software/q

Regards,

Daniel

Anonymous

I found that Windows Movie Maker even handles 4K footage.  It will render it when you add it so can take some time, but once rendered it playsback flawlessly.