Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Re: What's happened to the Quik for Desktop apps?

[ New ]

having issues with Quik myself as worked before the latest iMac updates now the remote wont work with either iPhone or ipad.

Quik does not raed the camera (Hero 7 black) or see the sd card.  

Now I can only see the view mode uping GoPro app and all ffunctions just come back failed.

Any answers???

Malkie

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @malcolmp274

See if resetting the connections on the app will work.

Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro.

If you have recently updated the app, restarting the phone before pairing the camera again is suggested.

Regarding Quik for desktop, check out Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Mac

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Well resolved the connections issue by reloading the Firmware into the GoPro and seems ok now. Must have currupted somehow.

iMac still does not see the card or the GP using Quik though. It sees the camera ok. Nothing wrong with the sd card as it can be seen by theiMac direct.

My mate has the same issues and it probably to do with the OS of the iMac being the up to date Catalina where GoPro have not cought up yet with Quik.

GoPro

[ New ]

@malcolmp274, run any available OS updates and make sure to have the latest update for your Graphics Card/s drivers installed. Use the GoPro USB-C cable that came with the camera. There are some troubleshooting steps here that will help: Camera is not Recognized when Plugged into a Computer USB Port 

Additionally, if using macOS Catalina, you can try the suggestions in this thread to see if they'll work for you: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Quik-not-compatible-with-macOS-Catalina/m-p/50... 

And make sure that your Mac system allows access to removable devices. See this thread https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/GoPro-Quick-Mac-import-not-working-import-butt... for more details. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I am flabergasted at GoPro's silence to this particular thread.

How can this company not provide any guidance on what to expect?

I have a Hero7 Black and Hero7 Silver. I love both cameras but the reality is we need a basic editing app for Windows and macOS, that is current and supported.

The silence will only fuel speculation and FUD.

C'mon GoPro please provide your customers, your community with a formal communication on where is this going.

Sightseer

[ New ]

So if Im reading this correct, the Gopro Quik app and possible the Hero8 camera is useless for me? I just purchased  in May for fathers day one of the Hero 8 bundles and CANNOT transfer anything from the card to Mac through Quik, I cant even log into quik atm. Im asking because this is my FIRST gopro camera and have even reached out to support and they responded that I needed to be in "Private browsing" which confused me because I am trying to use their desktop app. Im frustrated because on top of the bundle I purcased an additional $300 in accessories and I still cant get my videos off my Camera to my Mac and this has been about the closest thing I have gotten to an answer as to why I cant is there is no software. I even have issues with moving it from the Camera to my Iphone 8 its says "Storage full" yet have close to 200gb free so what gives? Im even a "Plus" member but cant log in to quik so Im just really bummed with everything at this point.

GoPro

[ New ]

@clearg88, sorry to hear you're having issues with the app. While some functions of cameras may work with Quik for desktop, we have not provided any updates to the program prior to HERO8 and therefore we are unable to determine what features will work, what won't, and what consistency you may get with HERO8 and MAX cameras.

If having trouble signing in, you may try resetting the app:

1. Open Quik for desktop 
  2. While on the login screen, select the "Help" tab above the Quik for desktop window 
  3. Select "Restart with default settings" 
  4. A modal will appear saying "Are you sure?". Click "Restart" once more. 
  5. Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time. 
  6. Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.

You may use an SD card reader/adapter to connect the microSD card to your computer so you can offload your GoPro contents. 

Let us know how it goes.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I wish they would get this fixed again.  The main thing I liked about Quik was how it would pull in our elevation and speed.  I have an editing software but it will not pull in that info, only on Quik.  But Quik doesnt work anymore....