Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Re: What's happened to the Quik for Desktop apps?

[ New ]

Again, Im not a proffessional ....... and to be honest I dont think I have the interest for it either. Did install Da Vinci resolve to try it out, but its too complex for a beginner such as myself.

Drag and drop tools seems to be the best thing for me...... which are compatibel with GP7.

Whats your opinion about Pinnacle Studio and Filmora (Wondershare)?

Btw, I do use Quik app and GoPro app for android. But as you already stated, these tools are for short "clips" and not for longer videos.

Tourist

[ New ]

I couldn't find it either so I searched for GoPro Quik software and I found it

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-legacy-software/ta-p/595533

Tourist

[ New ]

Every single time I open Quik for MacBook (Big Sur), I end up getting so far as to click on the video I've uploaded before it crashes fully and closes. Every. Time. It might be one of the worst desktop apps for an affluent company that I've ever used, probabyl second to how garbage it is to their very own iOS/Android phone app.

Any fixes for this? Or shall I just delete for good? 

Tourist

[ New ]
It could be 1 of 2 things:

1. It is GoPro’s application and the application keeps crashing

Or

2. It could be your computer and you may need to clear up some hard drive space and delete some applications for it to run faster and be able to run the GoPro application
Tourist

[ New ]

Oh, it's definitely #1.

Nomad

[ New ]
Delete for good, its terrible editing software, its discontinued and no longer supported and hasn't been updated in over two years.
Tourist

[ New ]

Any recommendations on what to use? The web-browser Media Library is no better...

Nomad

[ New ]
Adobe rush if you want drag and drop simple editing, DaVinci resolve if you want pro editing.