Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Re: What's happened to the Quik for Desktop apps?

[ New ]

Rage? You obviously have no idea what rage is. The only fact I've brought up in this thread is THERE IS NO SOFTWARE available to Hero8 users. I only signed up for the Beta I was interested in. Yeah that's on me. I was given a link to a beta program for their 360 camera by a GoPro rep. It was clearly for the Reframe Player because that was what the discussion was about and the reason it was suggested in the first place. Why would I even bring it up if I got a link to beta software I signed up for? You assume you know what I did because? As for the rest of my post, you seem to think you are the forum police. You have yet to prove how and where I am inaccruate as you put it. I've been a GoPro user for quite some time and I own quite a few GoPros. I've been known to record 20 to 30 gigs of data a day for many days in a row. Does that make me an Expert? Absolutely not and I never said that. But what it does do is give me experience. What I do with this data is directly related to the OP of this thread. My opinion has also been shared and I would think you would be smart enough to read it that way. That sir is as you say "is on you". As you try in your post to divert for Gopro you aren't giving anyone a solution to their issue. Anyone here can read the marketing material you love to spew and watch all the videos published by GoPro with software that isn't available as we speak. My experience has nothing to do with you and you aren't improving anyones experience with this product by typing in the marketing lit. The fact remains that if your experience with this product is going to hinge on the software and it's availability then you should take it back and get your money back. Holding the product and listening to you pat them on the back and saying it's coming is ignorant. Purchase the product again when it works for you. Is it tomorrow or even later today? Great!!! Everyone would be happy. But until then you are wasting your money. 

Nomad

[ New ]

Smiley Wink

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the original GoPro Hero HD Waterproof Action Camera. It still works great and I have a new laptop. What am I supposed to do now? No PC app, and it doesn't Bluetooth?? I'm lost...................Can someone please help me?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @cindys41501

Quik for desktop should still work.

You can also download it here if you need to.

You may also try other applications listed on Programs to View and Edit Videos

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

This has something to do with compatibility with Windows. Maybe windows did an update that removed compatability because Quik is not working with older versions of the app either. Windows suspends the action as soon as you click on either older executables or the newest.

Just glad it is not just me. I am sure they will get it worked out

Hiker

[ New ]

The Quick app does work with the latest windows 10. I have had to kill any service related to Gopro before it will open sometimes. Normally it pops up whenever I insert a card from my gopros just as it should. 

Hiker

[ New ]

@bradg3360 wrote:

This has something to do with compatibility with Windows. Maybe windows did an update that removed compatability because Quik is not working with older versions of the app either. Windows suspends the action as soon as you click on either older executables or the newest.

Just glad it is not just me. I am sure they will get it worked out

Possibly, but I don't think this is it. The Windows app still works for me. The Mac version was removed/archived too, which also still works for me. They are definitely trying to stop supporting the Quik app. Based on other comments there is a replacement in the works, but this shouldn't have been removed/archived until the replacement is ready.

Nomad

[ New ]

My take on this, and that's my third attempts to say this, the other two never got posted for some reason, GoPro had some third party licence that expired and had only two options. Pay it or pull the app.I guess they expected the new app to be finished before the licence expired but since that didn't happen, they pull the old app.