Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: What's happened to the Quik for Desktop apps?

i keep getting no device associated with this account??? any help

Highlighted
Nomad

Do you have a GoPro account set up?  Have you registered your camera using that GoPro account and are you logging into Quik using the same GoPRo account login?

Highlighted
Tourist

I can log on on IPHONE but not laptop. I have my story i need uploaded to laptop file but can not download Quik to HP Laptop

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]
It's just weird for people like me that import the camera files with Quik and like the way Quik organizes them. But you have a point, thanks 👌
Highlighted
Tourist

I just hope GoPro doesn't increase the tech specs of the new software. My 3rd gen Core i5 with integrated graphics can't take much more.

Highlighted
Sightseer

блин .... софт такое говно , два дня по работала программа и опять не открывается, хуйня конченная .... очень расстроен , такие деньги платишь за оборудование а программа для не ни какя .. ГОВНО

Highlighted
Tourist

I agree with you, I pay a premium for my H7B and all the software for Windows and Android is crap. Do I have to get a Mac to import my files? I don't even know if Mac/ios software is better. I've been with GoPro since the Hero (2014) and I've fallen in love with the camera (hardware) but software wise it sucks. That camera crashed on the first day and I completely panic, it took me 3 hours to do a force shutdown and update the firmware. I remember trying to use GoPro Studio on my core2duo laptop. it sucked. Now with my H7B the camera still has unsolved bugs, sometimes the camera is completely off (with all of that GPS, Wi-Fi and other crap off) but when I turn the camera on it has almost no battery left.

Again I love the camera's hardware and I love the quality that it has and when I work it's freaking awesome. But when the software decides to crap out, the experience is frustrating.

I hope GoPro changes their software scheme and starts giving decent software/firmware to the consumer.

Highlighted
Hiker

I was disappointed to see this app discontinued and difficult to find the legacy download link. GoPro's customer experience has been going down the drain lately. This shouldn't have been removed until there is a replacement. If the reason for removing it was because it wasn't compatible with the HERO 8, they should have advertised it as not being compatible instead of prematurely hiding the app from everyone.

Yes, I know the app isn't the best for editing videos, I do use other apps for that. But... Quik was a nice app to import and organize my GoPro videos. One reason why I used Quik was that I could view and create time lapse videos from still images effortlessly. Another reason for using Quik was that it could display gauges or telemetry on the video (speed, height, GPS path, etc.) Are there any other good alternatives out there that can do this for when Quik finally does bite the dust?