Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

What's happened to the Quik for Desktop apps?

[ Edited ]

I just went to the Apps page on gopro.com and the Quik for Desktop (Mac and Windows) is no longer there, instead there is the Max360 apps.

Where is the Quik app download, why has it been removed from the website?

I have tried to download GoPro MAX Exporter in the hope it will work with GP7B but I get an error when trying to download:

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  • Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 3C587341.
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: What's happened to the Quik for Desktop apps?

it looks like the download problem has now been fixed but still no sigh of QUIK for dekstop.

Highlighted
GoPro

Highlighted
Hiker

ok, moved onto what? there's no repalcement, you can't move on if you haven't moved anywhere... where's the new software??

Highlighted
GoPro

Our team is still working on it. We do not have any other information about it at this time. We will definitely post about it when we have an update. 

In addition to Quik, you might also want to explore other programs that can be used to view and edit your GoPro footage. 

Highlighted
Hiker

I don't understand why you would pull an app before the new one is ready, no other apps support Highlights or Gauges and these are the reasons I bought a GoPro, if you are pulling support for these 2 features then I should have stayed with my Drift camera!

Highlighted
Tourist

If GoPro doesn't have an app to connect my H7B to my laptop I don't want my camera anymore. I can't edit my videos with does GoPro gauges, or even import videos to my Hard Drive. So I don't want it anymore. Should I wait or should I return my camera immediately and buy one from another brand?

Highlighted
Nomad

It does indeed seem strange for GoPro to pull their last software before their new software was ready but there may be a very good reason for this. 

A:  GoPro has already admitted that they are working on new Windows software.  Remember, Quik was quite old and didn't support the newer functions of the GP8 camera's

B:  I suspect this software is well into developement and is being trouble shooted at the moment, this is based on certain things that were said go GoPro staff.  However this has probably led to a delay with the rollout.

C:  GoPro ran a memorial day special and they did huge business as a result.  However they probably didn't want a bunch of new customers trying to use their GoPro Hero 8 camera's with Quik only to find Quik didn't work with the camera properly.  So more than likely they pulled Quik and are leaving customers to rely on the mobile apps.

D:  GoPro have not given an ETA on the new software.  You can ask all you want but no one here, not even the admins, are authorized to give away any information other than their prepackaged response.  Not their fault, they are just under orders regarding what they can and can't say.

Not having Quik doesn't affect your ability to use the camera, the camera still does what it's always did.  Quik was just terrible terrible software anyway and no one should use it.......... for anything.....   ever.  Sorry, but tis true...

GoPro SHOULD however give it's customers more information regarding their new software.  I rather see a target release date that's missed than hear nothing at all whatsoever.  I think it would be more to the companies interest to hear things like "need to push out by a week due to a graphics driver compibility issue with X-video cards" etc.   It would let the customers know the software is coming and what's being worked on.  GoPro have done this with the GoPro mobile app for android and GoPro Reframe Player for Windows and people have jumped on board with beta testing and feedback.  They should take the same approach for their windows software, it lets people give direct feedback for functionality, problem solving and keeps them interested.

Would I send back my camera because Quik was pulled?  Heck no.  The benefits of the camera outweigh the loss of the software greatly.  Also if you used Quik before with your GoPro Hero 7, you can still use it now, nothings changed except the fact they won't be making any more changes to the software.  So keep your camera, keep using your old copy of Quik if you want and just wait to see what's coming.  I just hope it comes soon!