Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Webcam MacOS Digital lens won't go narrow

[ New ]

Hero9 and current desktop app, works smoothly to log in Hero9, but after clicking narrow (which I need), it pauses, beeps, then more beeps and stays on wide/distorted. Is there any internal setting that needs to be changed. My default when not in webcam mode is 1080p narrow (which is still wide, or course, but more useful before getting tempted to disassemble the lens housing).

Thank you for any help. Was needing it for tomorrow, but will use a different action cam until I can get GoPro to work.. I really like the GoPro quality and have good hopes.

GoPro

Re: Webcam MacOS Digital lens won't go narrow

[ New ]

Hi @daricknord4377

What version is the webcam app on?

Adjusting the Digital Lens to affect the Field of View (FOV)

Once your camera is connected and broadcasting (showing the red dot), you can select a different Digital Lens to change your FOV. This change takes a couple of moments. 

See How to Use Your GoPro as a Webcam for reference.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you. I don't think I tried to change it during 'broadcast'. I was trying to use it as a webcam, as a pass-through, so i didn't think of pressing record.

So I will have to record while using it as a webcam in order to chose the narrow digital lens option? then erase the recording after the webinar?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @daricknord4377

No need to record to be able to change the Digital Lens.

You can set it up prior to the stream/call.

Were you able to check Adjusting the Digital Lens?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank You; yes, I actually read it through a number of times and tried even more before asking. I updated the firmware (I just bought it a few weeks ago direct from GoPro), installed the app and checked for further updates. Everything behaves like the instructions except that it  looks like it 'starts' trying to switch the digital lens, then goes to the default. So there is a visual change like it wants to but then goes back. I have alternative cams that I can use, but I was really hoping this would work because I could have docs that log on for help go buy the GoPro and use it. But it needs the narrow lens option for me to be able to see the orthodontic model they are showing me with less distortion. The GoPro webcam app is a great idea, because many of them have iPhones, and AFAIK you can't use them through USB.

Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @daricknord4377

Let our Support Team check on this further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Thanks!
Ej