Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous

Re: We have encountered an issue loading music, please restart application and try again.

Anyone know if it is possible to use the telemetry overlay without the quick app? That's the only reason I even want to use the program and even then I'll have to export it to a better program to actually edit a good video.

I honestly wish I had bought the Garmin instead. I just figured I had all the gopro mounts already, but I've had my Hero 5 black for 2 months now and I haven't been able to use it due to constant issues.

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: We have encountered an issue loading music, please restart application and try again.

Same problem, running Win10.

First time user. Not happy. Heres my task manager list. No music service listed.

gopromusic.jpg
Anonymous

Here's a fun one. After all that trouble I had with Quik on my main PC last night, I went and downloaded Quik on a completely new and different PC (fresh Windows install). Same music loading error right off the bat on this PC, never worked correctly even the first time. 

If I can bring up a clean install of Windows on a test machine, and get this same error with Quik with such repeatability, it just shows there's a known issue with this app on Windows 10. 

Need to have some resolution on this before the end of my return policy, or the H5B+Karma is going back.

Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone know if it is possible to use the telemetry overlay without the quick app? That's the only reason I even want to use the program

Yeah, that's the kicker for me also with the telemetry and also the highlight markers. If somehow I could see the highlight markers in Premiere, this wouldn't be an issue. But I'm sure its some proprietary metadata thing. Still... Those are advertised features, and if it means we have to use GoPro's software to use them, then fine. But in that case, the software needs to work.

There are other electronic gimbles on the market. I paid a little more for the Karma Grip because of the highlight feature. If the highlight feature is unavailable due to the software being unusable, then I might as well go with another solution.

Tourist

hey there,

I have the same problem. there is no gopromusicservice launchig in the task manager. 

after a few weeks not working with quik, today I got this problem when trying to create a new video. 

why is there no solution yet?

I logged out several times, deleted the app, installed the new one, deleted all my files and so one ... didn`t work!

Gopro Support I need you fast !!!!!!

Anonymous

same problem here!

reinstall or other deleting massacres ar not running...

Anonymous

Same problem. Fresh install of Windows. First install of this app and can't get going. Music service is not listed/running. Not working.

Anonymous

• Watching the process view I can see the GoProMusicService starts momentarily, but then it disappears from the list.
  • Windows troubleshooter says it's an Incompatible Program after trying to run it in different modes.