Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

We have encountered an issue loading music, please restart application and try again.

[ New ]

Hello,
I'm encountering the issue loading music when trying to open clip in create mode on mac.
I tried deleting the MusicService.db file in the Finder library, however this did not resolve the issue.

Macos Big Sur 11.5.2

Quik 2.7.0.874

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Betreff: We have encountered an issue loading music, please restart application and try again.

[ New ]

I found a solution. Simply set the system date to a date before November 1st, 2020 and the software will run again.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: We have encountered an issue loading music, please restart application and try again.

[ New ]

Hi @borivoji47

Run any available OS updates and make sure to have the latest update for your Graphics Card/s driver installed.

Also, please note that Quik for desktop is no longer being developed.

That said you can still use the program to import, view, and edit your GoPro footage. 

You may also explore other programs that can be used for the same purpose.

Moreover, the GoPro Quik app also supports importing, viewing, and editing GoPro media on a compatible mobile device. 

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: We have encountered an issue loading music, please restart application and try again.

[ New ]

ciao, l'applicazione funziona perfettamente su iphone, ma su airbook nuovo o su pc fisso windows 10 no, su mac aprendo modalità crea va in errore e si chiude, su windows apre modalità crea dando errore audio e non fa fare nulla ! 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hey EJ,

My OS is up to date, and Graphics Card update does not apply to MacBook Pro,  - OS is up to date, graphic driver is up to date.

The programs you linked to can be used for the same purpose, albeit with much more effort, so I hope your management will reconsider updating the Quik app.

All the best.

Sightseer

[ New ]

also getting that error. Can't create videos anymore. Am using mac book air macos big sur 11.5.2

Tourist

[ New ]

Same problem.

Impossible to edit my videos... Since there is no music librabry any longer.. do not work on the old macpro (2015) and either on the new (2021 M1). Does it mean that the Gopro quick app is simply DEAD ? if we can not anylonger edit the video on the laptop ? the quick app on the smartphone is working but it's less convenient if we have many videos.

Would it be fixed ?

Tourist

[ New ]

same problem here. deleting the library entry does not work. everithing is updated

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hello, same Problem on WIN 10. Also i cant find the MusicService.db on WIN 10.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Quick Desktop
Tourist

[ New ]

This is a huge problem, thinking of giving up my go pro 8 for sure. Its so bad that they pulled off the app support that was the main reason I had go pro, any camera can record but it was the quik app that was making it so easy to create videos, this is no right, bring back quik for desktop that works on Mac or windows not phone or ipad. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

This has been shared with the team.

We'll post back once we have additional information.

Regards,

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Win 10, im have a same problrm too... Program dont work correctly. Always have a same error "We have encountered an issue loading music, please restart application and try again"

10-09-2021 11-30-00.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

In the catalog_info.json there is a reference to the expiry_date of the music. This prob. also refers to the expiry of the key_pair_id to download the music from cloudfront.net.
sounds like an easy fix....

Backpacker

[ New ]

GoPro Quik for Desktop is out of date, unsupported, discontinued software.  It hasn't been updated in over 3 years and since it's discontinued it's not going to receive any updates.  As it gets older and your PC keeps getting updates, the more likely Quik for desktop is to cause issues such as crashing, freezing or refusing to start.  You need to stop using this software and use supported up to date video editors.  

DaVinci Resolve is completely free of charge and is a professional editor.

Windows 10 also has a free built in video editor that's not widely known about.  Just type "Video Editor" into the search bar beside the start button.

Tourist

[ New ]

I don't think anyone is asking for continued development of the Desktop version.    We just need it to keep working,  please!!!

The error-message implies that hopefully a simple solution can re-establish the music service ,  or at the very least bypass it so we can continue editing the video.  That should not be an impossible task for a major corporation like GoPro  -  look after your customers...

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @jxpet. We have shared this with the team and they are looking into it. We will keep this thread (and similar others) updated once we have new information to share. Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]

Why would I want to edit my videos on my phone when I have a high resolution 27" monitor on my mac?

On my phone I have to connect to the GoPro wifi, view all my video, select the ones to download, download them to the GoPro app, then watch them again to highlight them, then open them in create mode, then sit there and edit and add music, then save them to my photos so I can share them because sharing them from Qiuk app on the phone sucks.....

Guess I can use iMovie instead but then I don't get access to the music that I get with my GoPro account. Guess I don't need the GoPro account either.....

Please keep the Quik desktop alive somehow.  

Backpacker

[ New ]

I don't think anyone is asking for continued development of the Desktop version.    We just need it to keep working,  please!!!

To keep it working, that would mean developing the software to keep up with o/s changes.  Since the software is discontinued, it will not be developed.

As for the other poster who said "Why would I want to edit on my phone when I have a high res 27" monitor".  Well what good is such a monitor if you're using an app that limits you to 1080P output and limits what you can do with your footage.  Feel free to use whatever software you want, people have different needs and abilities, but stop trying to use out of date, unsupported, discontinued software otherwise you're just going to keep running into issues like this.

Hiker

[ New ]

Yeah I get it, they only want to support a single app for the phone, but thanks for pointing out the obvious. It's a cashflow thing.

I've had many different GoPros over the years and I've seen the desktop app and the apple watch app taken out of production. Both were useful but discontinued.

I can easily use another desktop app and I do, but it was nice sometimes to be able to throw together a quik clip on the desktop, add music (from the premium music library) and share it with friends.

I'll survive, I'll use the phone app or iMovie but probably don't need a premium account anymore so won't renew.

Tourist

[ New ]
Hey, if you don’t need the software or the solution, don’t join this discussion.
It’s clear as the day that some API route that checks if the music library is legit was turned off or modified and the software is rendered unusable.
All we ask is to restore the service. I don’t want to load 30 gigs of video on my phone just to be able to quickly edit a one minute video.
Backpacker

[ New ]

I intend to address the "plus" service in a video, but in the meantime...

Yes, use another video editor, it's the best thing to do.  I suspect that the music in the mobile app is up to date with all the new tracks, the music in the destktop app probably used a different library and has different licensing requirements and therefore has probably been taken off line (or the location of the music was changed in the database and this causes the issue).

As for the plus account, for $50 it's worth having (imho).  The mobile app has it's uses (I string together quick simple video's for the local news stations and then if they want the high res video, I upload the originals to my google drive for them to download).  The discounts on GoPro accessories also outweighs the cost of the subscription.  Then the replacement costs of a camera exchange is also worth it.  Just my thoughts on the matter.  

With "open gopro" being released earlier this year, there will be a lot more 3rd party options available for camera control coming.

Tourist

[ New ]

@demonviewllc wrote:

I intend to address the "plus" service in a video, but in the meantime...

Yes, use another video editor, it's the best thing to do.

Ok, you feel free to use any video editor you like. 

I have Adobe After Effects & Premiere in my CC subscription & Davinci resolve installed.

Yet there is nothing that comes close to Quik when you just want to make a 30 sec or 60 sec video synced with music.

Therefore I asked Gopro staff for support.

Tourist

[ New ]

@demonviewllc    WHY are you trolling this topic ??   WE GET IT,  you do not need QUIK on Desktop,  now move on and leave us alone, please.  Your updates are not helping in any way.

Some of us are trying to get GoPro to FIX  (not delevop) the recently broke desktop app...   GoPro CAN and SHOULD do this to show their customers that we can rely on GoPro and their infrastucture to help and support us according to OUR needs (not some bottom line for additional profit)...

This topic needs to be brought out to FB, Twitter and youtube  rather than hiding here inside GoPro's own support pages where potential customer don't see the dark side of the company  -  inadequate aftersale support.       COME ON Support! - prove me wrong!  :)

Tourist

[ New ]

Same issue for me
I'm stunned with the low velocity and careless of GoPro support
Like nobody really cares, it has been 2 weeks already
What a poor support, gonna rid off of my GoPro 9
Please RESPECT your customers and try to help them
Saying "we haven't updated the Quick App for 3 years, so don't wait anything guys" is inadaquate
using mobile version is so hard for same purposes
just DELETE the app from your site then if it's obsolete

Backpacker

[ New ]

@jxpet  Telling people not to waste their time trying to ask GoPro to continue to develop (fixing = developing btw) discontinued unsupported out of date software is trolling?  No, it's called a wake up call and it's facts.  Just because you don't like the facts doesn't mean they aren't true.  

Since GoPro actually fired a lot of their staff when they were going down the toilet, there isn't anyone around who can continue to develop... sorry... I mean "Fix" the software.  The limited software staff people they do have are still trying to get the GoPro Player and GoPro webcam software to work.  They don't have time to work on "Legacy" software.

Dont worry though, your dreams of continued development... I mean... dreams of a "fix" may come true.  GoPro have already said that further down the line, they are looking into the return of their windows software if it proves profitable and if you look at the hiring page, they don't just have many job openings for Android and iOS positions, they are also hiring 1 single windows software developement person.  As soon as that job opening is filled in Bucharest Romania, I'm sure GoPro will dedicate that persons time to developing... I mean... "Fixing" their outdated unsupported discontinued legacy software.

Backpacker

[ New ]

@ellikos 

Scroll to the apps section at the top of the page.  Show me where there is a link to the Quik for desktop software there?

There is a link for the discontinued obsolete unsupported out of date legacy software in their legacy software.  That's for people with older camera's and older O/S that support it.  If GoPro deleted all downloads for their software, where would people be able to get software for their Fusion camera's for instance?

GoPro don't offer a current desktop editing solution.  That may change in the future, however for now, there are plenty of other free viable solutions out there.

Tourist

[ New ]

Davinci resolve free of charge ????   

is it a joke ???

299€   !!!

that's what you call completely free of charge ?????

Backpacker

[ New ]
It's 299 for the version with collaboration tools so multiple users can work on the same clip at the same time. You need to click on the "free" download link.
Tourist

[ New ]

Agree that Quik for Mac is really handy for knocking out a quick video with music synched - and that downloading multiple GBs of video clips to the iOS app on a phone is awkward. The music library is the major reason I went for the subscription. It would be great if that feature / licensing could be re-enabled please.

Tourist

[ New ]
Ok 👍 , nice !
Thank you , i’ll try it soon
Thanks
Sightseer

[ New ]

It is a pity that the gopro company and the support service are not interested in solving customer problems. I have a paid subscription, why can't I use the app normally? I studied all similar topics on the forum, no one offered a solution to the problem. Gopro is a disappointment!!!

Backpacker

[ New ]

You can use the apps that GoPro offer normally.  Such as the app for iOS and Android.

Quik for desktop was discontinued over 4 years ago at this point.  It is discontinued unsupported out of date software.  Trying to use it is like trying to get your camera to work with Windows 3.1  It's no longer in developement, it's not going to work.  You're better off using the free alternative editors out there.

Hiker

[ New ]

Why do you have to shoot down everyone's comment on this issue? Do you work for GoPro?

It's not necessary for you to conutinually tell everyone it's no longer supported, we get it. People can read that in the other comments.

It doesn't mean they're not dissapointed in GoPro's decision and wouldn't like some type of desktop support in the future.

Folks were still able to use the desktop app up until a few weeks ago and some have been using it for years so it seems like a new issue.

People see this forum as a way to send a message to GoPro about how we feel about their products and their direction. Just let them vent.

Backpacker

[ New ]

Why do you have to shoot down everyone's comment on this issue?

I don't, I simply state the facts.  Just becuase you don't like the answer doesn't mean it's not a fact.  I want people to know that this software isn't going to be "fixed" by GoPro because that's just a "Fact".  They need to move on and find another editing solution rather than sit patiently by their PC waiting for a fix that isn't coming.

Do you work for GoPro?

Nope, if I did I'd tell them that they need a PC editing program, even if it's just a direct port of their Android software.  In fact, there's an idea if you want to use Quik with a PC experience.  If you have a samsung phone for example, download DEX, you can plug your phone into your PC, run your phone directly from your PC in full screen.  Therefore you can now edit your video's on QUIK and the only difference is that it fully works and is supported as it's the Android App.

It's not necessary for you to conutinually tell everyone it's no longer supported, we get it.

You're telling me not to speak for other people while you yourself are speaking for other people.  If you don't like comments, ignore them.  The latest commenter hadn't posted before in this topic and I just wanted them to know the facts.  Why are you some adament that people don't get informed that GoPro Quik was discontinued over 4 years ago and is unsupported software?

People can read that in the other comments.

People are lazy and don't bother reading previous comments, it's true.

It doesn't mean they're not dissapointed in GoPro's decision and wouldn't like some type of desktop support in the future.

In which case they should give the feedback to GoPro using the feedback section.  That's where GoPro will tally up the amount of people who want a desktop solution and when it makes financial sense for them to work on such a product, they will.  Posting about it in a forum won't generate that feedback though as they aren't wading through individual users, segregating repeated posts etc.  So if you're serious about wanting a desktop app, not only leave your own feedback in the right place, encourage others to do so also:

https://gopro.com/en/us/feedback

Folks were still able to use the desktop app up until a few weeks ago and some have been using it for years so it seems like a new issue.

Correction, "Some folks" were still able to use the desktop app up until a few weeks ago.  Others haven't been able to use it for quite some time depending on the hardware they had in their systems and compatibility.  What are you all going to do when Windows 11 gets released (in about 1 week BTW) that may not even support the software at all?  Make more posts about 4 year old discontinued unsupported software not working?  Wait for the standard feedback of "Thanks for reporting the issue, we've given feedback to the team in charge and will update you when there's a fix..."?

The only way to make GoPro work on a desktop version of their software is if they think they can make money from it instead of wasting resources on it.  To do that, leave your feedback in the proper area, encourage others to do so too (https://gopro.com/en/us/feedback), and make sure you mention the following:

"Wow, I'd sure love to pay for one of those GoPro Plus subscriptions and give my money monthly to GoPro, however I won't even dream about doing something like that until there's a working version of Quik for Desktop that I can use to make movies, upload my footage to GoPro, and have it take direct credit card payments if I want to purchase anything.  Only then would I even dream of buying a GoPro Plus Subscription".

Get enough users to do that, and I promise you, you'll have a fully working desktop version of Quik.  Got an instagram account?  Got a YouTube Channel?  Facebook, twitter?  If so, start posting, get people interested, get people using the feedback section and posting their desire for Quik for Desktop and try to change minds about it...

... or you can sit here, posting about how the 4 year old discontinued unsupported software doesn't work and complain everytime someone points out that it's not going to be fixed, as it's 4 year old discontinued unsupported software........     Your choice!

People see this forum as a way to send a message to GoPro about how we feel about their products and their direction. Just let them vent.

Hiker

[ New ]

Not reading your wall of text.  Just ignoring you from here on out.....maybe go outside and film something with a gopro

Sightseer

[ New ]

So this problem has recently developed on my PC I've been back and forth to GoPro Suport with a case still open.  It seems that they are just stringing me along and will never fix the problem.

Backpacker

[ New ]

That's because the software was discontinued over 4 years ago at this stage.  It is not going to be fixed, updated or developed.  It's over and done with.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hello @mariustanya is there any update? 

Can you tell us when this issue will be fixed? The issue is affecting way many more users of those who read this chat.

Looking forward to your reply.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Hi @mariustanya is there any fix that will be relased soon? Any news?
How long should we wait to use Quik again?
Hiker

[ New ]

Yeah, I don't think there's going to be a fix soon for the desktop version. I know a lot of folks say it's discontinued software but they sure found a way to update it to utilize their cloud when it was worth it for them..... 

Sightseer

[ New ]

The music selection is awesome.

Sightseer

[ New ]

music app is completely free

Tourist

Betreff: We have encountered an issue loading music, please restart application and try again.

[ New ]

I found a solution. Simply set the system date to a date before November 1st, 2020 and the software will run again.

Sightseer

[ New ]
WOW! You are amazing! Thanks! hey goopro ... you should give to derdidi81 a new camera for solving problems you couldn't solve!
Sightseer

[ New ]
Win10 - solved. Work again.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi could you explain how to reset the system date please?

Michael

Tourist

[ New ]

@michaels38027  schrieb:

Hi could you explain how to reset the system date please?

Michael

You do not tell us witch system.

copy the answer from google search :-)

Windows 10 In “Date and Time” you can set Windows 10 to automatically set your time and time zone. You can also make the setting manually. To set the time and zone in Windows 10, select Start> Settings> Time & Language> Date & Time.

Set the date and time on the Mac

On your Mac, choose Apple menu> System Preferences, then click Date & Time. ...

Click on "Date & Time" and set the date and time automatically or manually. ...

Click on "Time zone" and set the time zone automatically or manually.

Tourist

[ New ]

Como es posible que GoPro no de una alternativa para editar video desde un Mac, tengo el mismo problema y no pudo editar videos. Cat Frustrated

Tourist

[ New ]

@derdidi81 wrote:

Do I need to restart my mac or re-install gopro app as I tried to set it to oct 15, 2020 but didnt help me, I can try reinstalling the app if that's what is missing.

Tourist

[ New ]

I was only able to try this on my Windows 10 PC.
Maybe a Mac will behave differently.