Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Waiting for a MAX desktop app!!!

When will Gopro release a desktop version of the mobile app for editing MAX 360 footage? Users should not have to edit 360 video on their phone. This complicates everything in my origanized digital world immideatly. 

Let me present a logical workflow for editing MAX videos...

--transfer files from MAX to a folder on my PC/external storage ->open files with MAX desktop app ->Keframe 360 video and render to a differnt folder

What i actually have to do...

Connect MAX to my phone ->Upload all files to gopro app -> keyframe and render video ->save to the app ->save to predetermend location in gallery ->connect phone to PC ->locate files in a non gopro folder ->transfer to PC....Then take the SD card out and put in a reader -> open MAX exporter, select 360 files and transfer, (it took 7 hours to do 20 files yesterday) -> then do the HERO footage seperately -> then do photos seperately ->then wipe the SD card ->then go painstakingly wipe files from the app to make room for the next dump....

Bottom line is that it takes too long, its too complicated, and the app fo android is poor...

I should not have to put these massive files on my phone to edit them!!!

WHAT IS THE TIMELINE FOR A MAX DESKTOP APP?

WHAT IS THE TIMELINE FOR UPDATING THE ANDROID APP SO ITS AS GOOD AS THE IOS APP?

WHY WOULD GOPRO RELEASE SUCH A GOOD CAMERA WITH SUCH A POORLY DEVELOPED SOFTWARE PLAN?

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Waiting for a MAX desktop app!!!

Completely totally absolutely agree!!
Highlighted
Sightseer

когда будет приложение для windows ? Cat Mad

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm kind of amazed that there is no reframing option available at launch for non-Premiere Windows users. I would love to see a roadmap on planned software releases for Windows.