Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Video not detected by Quick after H.264 handbrake convertion

[ New ]

I have been following the steps for all the suggested "fixes" by GoPro on how to convert and edit a 4k video (60fps) to be able to edit them in Quik.  Now I read somewhere else that Quik doesnt support the converted Handbrake videos either.  I am extremely confused why GoPro would not support their own 4K videos or a converted version of it.  Now I am sort of stuck with some amazing foootage that I cant even edit with Quik.  I love the Quik software but this is extremely dissapointing..... Any idea when this will be fixed? Are there any plans of posting some type of disclamer in the website before people spend time shooting in settings they wont be able to use?  Its a bit misleading in my opinion....

Regards

Japhet

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Video not detected by Quick after H.264 handbrake convertion

[ New ]

Hi @japhetc2266,

Edited and / or converted videos will not be recognized by Quik for Desktop. The software will still copy HEVC files to your computer, but they won't be accessible through the application's Media gallery.

Converting your HEVC videos to H.264 codec is just a suggested workaround if you don't have a compatible device to playback your recordings. You will find more information about this here: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/hevc

You can check this list of editing applications that work well with GoPro files as shared by a Hub member.

Hopefully this helps!

Ann

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Video not detected by Quick after H.264 handbrake convertion

[ New ]

Hi @japhetc2266,

Edited and / or converted videos will not be recognized by Quik for Desktop. The software will still copy HEVC files to your computer, but they won't be accessible through the application's Media gallery.

Converting your HEVC videos to H.264 codec is just a suggested workaround if you don't have a compatible device to playback your recordings. You will find more information about this here: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/hevc

You can check this list of editing applications that work well with GoPro files as shared by a Hub member.

Hopefully this helps!

Ann