Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

VR Reframe stops working in AE

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I just finished a project in After Effects with the VR reframe plug-in and out of nowhere it stops working...

I have the plug in on adjustement layers above the footage which worked great but now I just get a white screen or checkerboard, or sometimes highly distorted footage when i scrool through the timeline.

HELP! I don't want to loose this much work...

Thanks,

-Jason

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: VR Reframe stops working in AE

Guys, forget about Gopro plugins. They don't update them, never answer on questions. Gopro support is useless in 99%, you can read any topic on this forum to see this

I tried everything with plugins, they just don't support actual graphic cards and i am not sure that they do something to fix this. So, I used alternatives. In AE2018 there is Immersive effects VR Rotate sphere. It does the similar job. Also, I use old Mantra VR effects - Mobius Transform and Mobius Zoom - it does what I need and even more and no issues with AE

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Hello
I guess I have at least a similar problem since yesterday.

In Premiere I have my composition, everything works nicely with the VR plugins (even with large CineForm movies). 
from some clips I would like to edit them further in AE. But there no further editing is possible without "damaging" the footage (e.g. if I add a transition or add VR plug in again). The footage is either completly black or some kind of distorted.

Is this issue known already?

Highlighted
Tourist

The same problem. Video becomes blank, tried everything, installed/deinstalled, deleted all codecs, changed video playback settings in AE on all possible options. Nothing works. Adobe premiere work great, AE - not, but i prefer AE as it has much more possibilities especially for VR videos

Highlighted
Hiker

Not helpful ... but same problem here. Also the sphere is not right in alignment, but then scaling the videolayer helps. Unfortunately are both plug-ins (Prem Pro and AE) buggy. In Prem Pro the smooth keyframing doesn''t work properly if there are more than two keyframes for a value. In AE this is .... ahm ... was working. Maybe some NVIDIA-stuff (GTX980Ti here) ...

Highlighted
Tourist

Has this original issue been sorted out as Im having massive issues with GoPro VR Reframe also?
Cheers

Highlighted
Hiker

The issue is very actual (if I have understood this question). These plug-ins were never updated and are produced by Kolor (owned by Gopro). Both companies have practically no direct human support. The community has to do the job... - Maybe possible, but then they have to publish the code of firmware and plug-ins :-)
Highlighted
Hiker

Highlighted
Tourist

Have just spoken to Adobe Tech Support and they suggest the following:

1) Downgrade the video card driver
2) Contact GoPro Support to downgrade the effect

3) Use Mercury Software ONLY, Not CUDA

I have attempted using Mercury Software and it does fix the glitch but renders ridiculously slow