Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Using Quik on Macbook Pro, failed to import my media from my GoPro Hero5 black

[ New ]

I just purchased GoPro and I am trying to use Quik for the first time.  When I connected the camera all the videos were uploaded to Photos but none to quik.  I tried to manually upload unsuccessfully.  I created a new media source folder and moved copies of all photos and videos uploaded into Photos into this new folder.  Quik then managed to import the photos but not the videos.  In the process I lost the path to the folder the GoPro photos are supposed to go to and cannot find it.  How to I find/restore this import location/media folder?  And why might the import have failed in the first place?

Accepted Solutions
Sightseer

Re: Using Quik on Macbook Pro, failed to import my media from my GoPro Hero5 black

[ New ]

Thanks for the response.  Part of my problem is that I did not know what my <your user name> was.  I figured that out but still had issues.  In the end I deleted the Quik app from my computer and then re-loaded it.  Second go around it worked fine.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Using Quik on Macbook Pro, failed to import my media from my GoPro Hero5 black

[ New ]

Hi @szcary

The default location for the imported media from the camera is under the following path:
/Users/<YourUserName>/Pictures/GoPro - Mac

For more information on the exact location on a particular file, you can try the following steps:

1. Select the media file along the thumbnail viewer.
  2. Right click on the thumbnail.
  3. Select the option "Show in Finder (Mac)" or "Show in Explorer (Windows)"

A new Finder or Explorer window will appear detailing the exact location of the selected file. 

See if the videos are still on the same folder where your photos are saved.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thanks for the response.  Part of my problem is that I did not know what my <your user name> was.  I figured that out but still had issues.  In the end I deleted the Quik app from my computer and then re-loaded it.  Second go around it worked fine.

Sightseer

[ New ]

The well described the Macbook pro. I hope that we will get this kind of stuff in the future also. I am getting the error code 0x3e9(1001) in my system. I also try to fix error code 0x3e9(1001) for the help purpose but did not get any response.

GoPro

[ New ]

Glad to hear that it is working!

Thanks for posting back @szcary

Regards,

Ej