Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Using GoPro 7 Black at 240 fps and need to create photos of 8 frames - how to?

My W10 does not support HEVC and HandBrake converts video to 30 or 60 fps but I need to create photos from about eight frames shot at 960/240.  I do not need to watch the video but I do need to step through it to then caputre photo.  Is there a simple way to do this?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Using GoPro 7 Black at 240 fps and need to create photos of 8 frames - how to?

[ Edited ]

Hi @johna011

You may want to try this via the GoPro App(mobile) instead.

Pair your camera to the app.

Select the media then tap on the Trim/Cut icon.

Create a clip of your preferred parts then save it to the app.

From the created clip, you should be able to grab a frame/s.

Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Using GoPro 7 Black at 240 fps and need to create photos of 8 frames - how to?

An interesting process - but unless i can step through the video frame by frame i can't caputre the three or frames i need.  it seems i can only play in real time and then hope to capture the needed frame by tapping.  Is there any way to advance the video frame by frame in the app so i can capture the photos i need?

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hi @johna011

Do you have the video already saved on your phone via the app?

Have you gone through the steps listed above?

What happens after tapping on the grab photo/frame icon?

You should be able to go over the frames of the selected video.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes - got it and it worked - Many Thanks.  I was able to step through the photo capture feature and get the photos I needed.  Again Appreciate your help!!

Highlighted
GoPro

@johna011, so cool to hear that. Feel free to post back if anything else comes up. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!