Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Uploading photos to facebook

Hi, since a few months our go-pro 5 includes the photo filename when i upload to facebook and I cannot find settings on either the go-pro or facebook to stop this. i have to go through and remove the labelling in facebook which is very inconvenient. 

any help much appreciated, thanks! 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Uploading photos to facebook

Hello @snowydive5411. It seems that the files name appear when you add the photos by way of a new album (creating a new album instead of posting photos through your feed). This is a setting governed by Facebook. You may want to contact their Help Center for further assistance. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @snowydive5411

How are you trying to upload the file?

Is it through the app or via computer?

Are these videos or just pictures?

Does the same happens if you upload tho YouTube?

We'd appreciate if you can send us a screenshot of what you are getting.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Ej

We download the photos to a pc, edit them and then using the facbook app upload to our facebook album. I've looked all over facebook and cant find a setting for this. the titles do not appear on photos loaded from other resources.

Screenshot attached :)

Thanks

facebookscreenshot.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @snowydive5411

Thanks for sharing!

The file name will show up when files are uploaded from the GoPro folder created by Quik.

As an alternate option, you can COPY the folder to a different location (Ex. Desktop) and upload the files from this folder.

I hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Ej

Sorry we are not using quik to edit them. Doesn't make a difference if i copy the photos or the whole folder to my pc. before even editing them if i try to upload to facebook they have the filename.... 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @snowydive5411

If files are already copied to a different location then it should work.

I have just tested it now and the file name is not automatically posted/copied.

Make sure you are not uploading from the Quik folder on your computer.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Is it possible there is a setting we might have different? I tried on 2 different computers and neither have quik on them.

Seems like a mystery.... a frustrating mystery..

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @snowydive5411. It seems that the files name appear when you add the photos by way of a new album (creating a new album instead of posting photos through your feed). This is a setting governed by Facebook. You may want to contact their Help Center for further assistance. Thanks!