Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Upload stuck at 100% GoPro Plus website

[ New ]

Tried to upload a video several times on GoPro Plus but everytime it got stuck at 100% and no options or prompt.

GoPro Media Library.jpg
Sightseer

Re: Upload stuck at 100% GoPro Plus website

[ New ]

I have the same problem here!

One time I uploaded multiple files and it got stuck at the 3rd file.

Turns out the 1st and 2nd files weren't uploaded either.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @masx @deeeeekun

This normally depends on the internet connection.

Try uploading using a hardwired connection.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej 

Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same Issue and have provided detailed information but have not gotten a reply to my case 06088707

File size is the issue all files below a certain MB ~ 900 or at least <1GB work fine

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @chrisb845  We checked with Support and we see that the case is pending your response. Please check your inbox and check if you have received the email from Support. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

This 30 day trial has been the worst experience ever. Case #  06088707

Tourist

[ New ]

I am having a nightmare trying to upload video files to Plus. I too keep getting with part way or 100% and then it just 'hangs'. Leave it for hours, even over night and it doesnt change so i have to cancel the upload.

When its multiple files, i am not sure if some or none were successful in uploading. I know the files names but there is no search function to look for the files.

Its been 3 or 4 days of agony for me trying to upload my videos (and i am hard wired in to the internet and the SD card is plugged direct into my slot on my Surface Studio).

GoPro, please advise?

Tourist

[ New ]

Been stuck like this for the last couple of hours

asdasd.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @blackstar4716. How are you uploading to Plus? Is it manually through gopro.com, via Quik for desktop, or auto upload?  If through a computer, does it mater whether the connection is via ethernet or Wi-Fi? Uploading multi-chaptered files does not work when done manually via gopro.com as the web does not know that the files belong to the same medium. 

If you haven't yet, try uploading through Quik for desktop or auto upload (if applicable). There are instructions here  to guide you. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

I am uploading via Plus manually, it wont do it automatically. Connection is via ethernet and it wont work at all on Quick.

How can i determine if the file is chaptered?

GoPro

[ New ]

@blackstar4716 - When viewed on a computer (or in Quik for desktop), a single video shows up as a set of at least two or three clips. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you @mariustanya however i still cant really determine that this is the issue i am experiencing.

What i ahve noticed during my efforts to upload is that anything that is under 550mb in size will upload fine. Anything over this size fails.

550mb is not very big  so i dont imagine this being the max size of a chapter as you call it.

Files over 550mb either fail or just gets stuck at 100% and I have to cancel the upload. In one instance this resulted in 5 files that have not uploaded corectly as per the image, and there is no way i can see the file information nor delete these from Plus.

There are many things about the Plus solution that are good, however there are some big shortcomings that need to be addressed to evelove this in to a great solution.

tfhthrth.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the additional details that you provided, @blackstar4716. Try uploading the media again, this time via Quik for desktop following instructions detailed here How to Add Media to GoPro Plus . It may not be the fastest way to save your media to the cloud but it would be a great way to determine if the media uploads at all. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm also having consistent issues uploading to Plus.

I've factory reset the camera, tried multiple wifi networks, and none will consistently auto upload to Plus.

I've given up on the "auto upload feature" and now I manually attempt to sync from the camera to Plus. It almost always fails, for various reasons. Sometimes it just fails to connect to wifi (10 feet line-of-sight from wireless access point, I've tried 3 wifi networks and they've all been WP2 encrypted with passwords, none have been public networks), other times it connects to wifi fine but I get an "Upload failed" message, other times the smaller files (under 500mb) will upload fine, but the larger files will hang indefinitely. 

Currently, the camera is attempting to sync to Plus and is stuck on 30/33 files for over 24 hours. 

I can upload to Plus using the Quik Desktop app just fine, but that defeats the workflow. Why pay for Plus and auto uploading if you must manually connect to your computer every time? I might as well cancel Plus and just host them in my own public cloud.

Extremely frustrating and will be the main reason I cancel my Plus subscription if not fixed in the next release. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @cbergerman1515

Sorry for any troubles caused.

We are getting some reports regarding Plus uploads and this has been shared to the team.

Please continue checking our website for updates.

Software Update Release Information

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Ok. Thank you. I will attempt this

Sightseer

GOPRO STUDIO

[ New ]

Buenos dias, estaba tratando de editar videos como los solia anteriormente, pero reaslmente no se puede, no deseo hacer historia o video de maximo 60 segundos como en "quick" sin embargo quisiera alguna alternativa a GoPro Studio, ese software era mucho mas sencillo y lo que me permitia era editar mis videos varios de ellos educativos y a mas de reducir de 30Gb a 4 o 5 gb podia escoger los momentos precisos y mantener sonido original, a mas de poder aumentar o disminuir la velocidad de reproduccion.

GoPro es excelente para muchos campos no solo para compartir historias, si no tambien para educacion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqsBCcFVNZA

ese es uno de los videos editados con GoPro studio y realmente quedo muy didactico que hasta ahora muchas personas lo vemos por entrenamiento.

Ojala lo vuelvan a poner o quiza mejoren alguno, lo hagan mas sencillo su uso; NO TODOS LOS VIDEOS SON SOLO PARA DIVERSION, TAMBIEN NECESITAMOS PARA APRENDIZAJE Y QUIZA SI EN ESTE PROCESO DE APRENDIZAJE RESULTA DIVERTIDO PUES AGRADECERE MUCHO.

Practica de Autorotación Helicoptero Schweizer 300CBi
Tourist

[ New ]

I have tried as per the instructions via Quik desktop. However it still will not upload my files i need to upload.

Not sure where to go from here other than find an alternative application to store and manage my videos. If anyone has any alternative applications they can recommen, please share with me!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @blackstar4716

We have already shared the information to the team.

If you need the files uploaded to the cloud immediately, you may try Dropbox or Google Drive for now.

Thanks!
Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Same here.  started at 7am. Now 10:38am. Really unfortunate.

Screenshot (206).png
Sightseer

[ New ]

Don't mean to be rude but GoPro's software is a joke told badly. The manual upload to Plus gets stuck at 100%, the log in button in Quik doesn't even do anything, and the official advice is "if you want your files online, you might wanna check another cloud storage service"?

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

Is there any update on this? Is there any fix expected? Any kind of work around?

My 30 day trail of GoPro plus is ending soon and I haven't managed to upload very much content at all. I have found that the Quik desktop app does work but it syncs to the cloud so slowly as to be of little or no use. I tried it with 30GB and left it running in the background and it took about 12 days of my machine being on for 9/10 hours a day.

I have tried using the GoPro plus website and this is much faster to upload, watching my network stats I can see about 50 Mbps being sent. The problem is that when it gets to 100% it just hangs and doesn't complete, network stats suggest it is still sending data. On a couple of occasions after a couple of hours of sitting at 100% it has dumped me out a login screen but mostly all you can do is close or reload the tab. Either way the content it has spent so long trying to upload never makes it into Plus.

A speed test on my internet connection shows upload speeds of ~88Mbps and download speeds of ~94Mbps so a slow internet connection is not the cause of the poor performance.

I would like to be able to use Plus but unless I can find a fix to uploading my content I don't see how I can part with money for a service I can't use.

Any help you can offer would be very welcome

Tourist

[ New ]
I feel your pain. I submitted something months ago and essentially got no reply. Just go buy a DJI Osmos
Tourist

[ New ]
Ridiculous suggestion from aragon1006 above. Comical in a bad way. Response from a GoPro employee suggesting you just go use another product if your footage is important. I don’t know a single photographer who wants to risk losing images they worked so hard to capture, nor anyone who can wait any significant length of time after capture to edit and share their work. I’m very disappointed in my purchase and the “support” we’ve “received”. Months have gone by without even confirmation of the issue or news on a possible fix. My 400 dollar Hero 7 black sits unused in a drawer while I’m loving my DJI Osmo Action
Hiker

[ New ]

Same problem here, stack on 100% progress in manual upload, does not make it to Plus. Canceling the trial subscription.

Tourist

[ New ]

Same problem here.. tried loading two files earlier from hero7 - each about 3 Gigs each. Just sat at 100%

Eventually cancelled and uploaded a smaller edited one.. same thing.. stuck at 100%

First day of my trial and I'm delighted to have found this thread. Will definitely not be paying the money. Shocking that a company like GoPro haven't resolved this known issue in the timeframe since it was first reported

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @ciaranw88

How are you importing the files to Plus?

How to Add Media to GoPro Plus

Are these chaptered files?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

They are files directly from the SD card, uploaded via the website...

so using MP4's created by a goPro Hero7, uploaded to a GoPro site.. same issue as everyone else in this thread. Let's not pretend it's user issue

Hiker

[ New ]

I'm having issues very similar to ones described by others in this thread, and after some testing I'm pretty confident GoPro is the weak link causing uploads to fail. Login sessions at plus.gopro.com appear to be time limited, so if an upload isn't finished when a session expires, the progress indicator bar will stall and the file transfer will fail, even if your network connection is fine. Perhaps this is a security measure. A less generous take is that GoPro doesn't want to make it easy for us to upload long-duration since it costs them money to host our media. 

You should be able to test my theory. If you're having issues with stalled transfers, start a new upload and wait for the site to hang up. Once it does, open a new tab in your web browser and try to access your GoPro media library (https://plus.gopro.com/media-library). If you pull up a login screen, you've been signed out. Likewise, if your upload is progressing as expected, you should be abe to successfully open your media library in a new tab without signing in.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure looks like GoPro is trying to limit uploads by kicking us off the site after a few hours. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Horrible upload experience:

• Files getting stuck at 100%, if multiple files are uploaded and 1 gets stuck, no files upload at all.
  • Have found if you click on a new tab whilst uploading... boom your upload fails.
  • Tried on multiple browsers same issue on all.
  • File names not visible (come on guys this one is just common sense) makes knowing what you have uploaded impossible at a glance without clicking each file individually for more info (tedious & frustrating)
  • Anything over 1gb seems to fail --- you offer the service and the camera shoots in 4k what did you expectwith file sizes? This should not be an issue.

Disappointed so far needs a lot of work to for a premium feature.

Tourist

[ New ]

Running into this issue as well.  I have uploaded smaller GoPro Max footage files in order to edit via the mobile app since they have not released an easier option to edit on Windows yet.  I am not a pro with Adobe, so this feature isn't really beginner-friendly for quick edits.  The larger files fully upload and just get stuck like the previous users are mentioning.  This is highly frustrating at the lack of support from GoPro as it seems they are trying to say it is user error or "just use another storage service" (no cable, internet issues, etc when none of those seems to be the case). 

I am hard-wired in with almost 1,000 MB/s and 44 MB/s upload speeds.  I do not want to just "use another service" when I cannot view those files and reframe from another service...

When you are supposed to pay $60/year for a service that doesn't work like it is marketed is highly frustrating.  I'm glad I am still in the trial period as this service and support team is not up to where it needs to be...

Nomad

[ New ]

Same issue here. None of my devices will upload. Windows PC's, iOS all get to 100% but never finish. These are 3GB files but that shouldn't matter. In fact none of my iOS devices, nor my ax are even trying to upload these files.

What a waste of time, and its nice to see GP not even bothering to help us, other than the Bots posting basic instructions (which we have all seen over and over again and have said dont work).

Sightseer

[ New ]

Same issue here, can't upload long videos which are partitioned

Sadly looks like fixing this is not a priority for GoPro since plus subscription unlimited upload isn't profitable because the storage costs are higher than plus monthly subscription...