Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
%3CLINGO-SUB%20id%3D%22lingo-sub-266526%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3EUpdate%3C%2FLINGO-SUB%3E%3CLINGO-BODY%20id%3D%22lingo-body-266526%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CP%3EHow%20do%20I%20know%20the%20update%20finish%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3EWolfram%3C%2FP%3E%3C%2FLINGO-BODY%3E%3CLINGO-LABS%20id%3D%22lingo-labs-266526%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CLINGO-LABEL%3EQuik%20for%20Desktop%20-%20Windows%3C%2FLINGO-LABEL%3E%3C%2FLINGO-LABS%3E
Tourist

Update

How do I know the update finish

Wolfram

GoPro

Re: Update

What camera are you using @wolframripoll

HERO7 Black, HERO7 Silver, HERO7 White, HERO6 Black, HERO5 Black, and HERO (2018)
Power the camera on and swipe down on the touch display to reveal the "Preferences" menu. Tap on "Preferences," then "About this GoPro..." to view the version number. 

All Other Cameras (excluding the Session family)
Power on the camera and look at the version number that is displayed on the screen as it turns on. If the version number is current, then the update completed successfully. See this article to confirm what the latest version is: Software Update Release Information.

As an alternative for all cameras, you can insert your microSD card into your computer with a microUSB card reader or adaptor, and open the version.txt file within the MISC folder to view the version number.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

I’m using a Hero3 White

I’m trying to install the GoPro program in my apple I-phone so that I can be able to operate from my I-phone and when I get to the part where I need to “pair up” the blue-toth with the camera the I-phone does not see the camera (Where the blue light is blinking)

I just notice in your e-mail below the phrase:  “What camera are you using @wolframripoll

Is it that I should call the camera that way?

Please provide specific instructions, because the program instruct me to go to my I-Phone settings to a place I do not understand?

Regards

GoPro

Hi @wolframripoll,

For HERO3 it should be done manually. 

Follow Manual Update Steps here: https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/Software-Update-Instructions-for-HERO3-Cameras

Best option is to contact our team for real-time assistance,

You may contact them via phone or chat: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks,

-Jay