Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Unable to use desktop apps/edit videos

[ New ]

For the love of me I can't figure out why none of the GoPro editing software apps will work worth a --bleep--. I have a Hero 7 Black camera. I've had no issues using Quik for the last year to upload the videos, and view them using VLC. Now I've gotten to the point where I need to start trimming/clipping videos to use to edit actual videos. GoPro Quik app is basically useless for me other than to upload the media. Anytime I go to the create option the videos are choppy, laggy, are unabled to be played, the tools in the app are useless and don't do anything. In GoPro Studio I can't even import media, no media will ever populate in the left panel section. BUT YET thes are the apps that everyone recommends to use. The closest I've come is being able to open up the media in GoPro Player and trim the clip I need and export it either in Cineform or h.264. When I do this though the media is still unable to be opened in either Quik or Studio. I am able to take those clips and use them in DaVinci, but i'll be honest, DaVinci is a little bit too much of an editing program for me to use.

I just need a simple program that can string clips together and be exported in an actual usable file format. I don't understand why any of the community recommened GoPro apps won't work as they're intended. I have tried every fix I have found online to work around this with no resolve. Is there something easier I can use to get what I need without losing my mind? 

System

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 

Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb

32 GB RAM

Windows 10 (10.0.19041)

Alll SSDs

GoPro Quik 2.7.0.945

GoPro Studio 2.5.9.2658

GoPro Player 1.1.2.0

GoPro

Re: Unable to use desktop apps/edit videos

[ New ]

Hi @levih44107

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Please note that Quik for desktop is no longer in development. That said you should still be able to use the program to import, view, and edit your GoPro footage. 

Check out Quik for desktop Crashes while Opening Create Mode

You may also explore other programs that can be used for the same purpose. Moreover, the GoPro App also supports importing, viewing, and editing GoPro media on a compatible mobile device. 

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

New to GoPro, but the ONLY editing tool I can find is "Trim" and I can not figure out how to make that work.

So far, day 3 of use, and I am not seeing the benefits of editing and paying for a subscription.

Where are all the editing tools advertized to get people to sign up for a subscription?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @heroictree52522

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Do you have the latest version of the mobile app?

Please refer to GoPro Quik: How to Create A Multi-Clip Edit

Also, please note that Quik for desktop is no longer in development.

If you are looking for a desktop app, check out Programs to View and Edit Videos

Thanks!

Ej