Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Re: Unable to open Quik - stuck at "Authenticating"

What happens if you shut down Quik, after entering your username and password while the Authenticating is still showing - and then run Quik again?

This happens to me when I first install (or re-install) Quik.  Having shut down Quik, when I run it again it just goes straight to 'Loading Meia' and all is OK.

Except of course for the latest version of Quik which crashes on run on my iMac - so I run the previous version.

Tourist

thanks this is the right solution

Tourist

Same issue

Tourist

solved the problem with this link "missing loacal host 127.0.0.1"!

https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/edit-hosts-file-mac-os-x/

Sightseer

I'm not sure how, but I actually got through the "Authenticating..." screen.  I can't replicate my steps but it seems that restarting the program, as suggested by the post below, allowed me to get through this screen, at least once.  For now, I'm keeping the program open and never closing it, at least until I need to restart.  Not a great solution but at least I can now get at my videos.  Hopefully GoPro continues to work on this issue to find an enterprise wide solution that works for all.

Sightseer

Thanks for the tip but it disn't work for me: the hosts file seems to be correct.

Sightseer

[ Edited ]

IMAC FIX  click GO in finder and GO TO FOLDER then you will see  /private/etc/hosts then press go  ,copy the host file on your desktop click open and put in 127.0.0.1 localhost then put into the same folder it will ask you to replace it this should should work,thanks folks

Sightseer

Editing the hosts file worked for me, thanks!

I'm a developer so had this turned off while wroking locally - makes me wonder what Quik needs it for...