Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
GoPro

Re: Unable to open Quik - stuck at "Authenticating"

Hello @vano92 and @rosikuu

There are specific steps that our Support team can walk you through with depending on the specific parameters leading to the "authenticating" issue. If the recommended steps that resolved the issue for some do not work, it would be best to get in touch with Support. You can call or chat with them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

Sightseer

why its not solved from 2016..??

GoPro

Hello @redpeak01743

There are already resolved cases for this issue but the resolutions vary depending on factors like computer system, and instances or conditions leading to the Authenticating issue. If you are still experiencing the same issue despite having the latest version of Quik for desktop on your computer (v2.6.2), and even after following suggested steps, our Support team here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be able to walk you through additional steps. You can reach them via phone or chat. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Sightseer

The GoPro quick application is still stuck in authentication.  I have tried all the solutions, and I called your tech's as suggested spent several hours on the phone.  Guess what they couldn't fix the problem and created a case file on July 13.  I was told that your support would get back to me with a solution.  On July 27, I had to call because I hadn't heard anything.  Surprise when I spoke with tech support and supplied them with my case number there was still no update.  Now I have to tell you I spent close to a thousand dollars on GoPro equipment to find out that while the camera recording quality is excellent, the support app that controls all the updates is not working with no real answers on fixing the problem.  I have to manually update my camera which I have to tell you what a pain.  However, because I have a MAC, the Tech was unable to tell me how to update the karma grip manually.  Not to mention part of what people pay for when purchasing your equipment is an application that allows us to store and edit the video with ease and update our equipment.  If I had known that support for your device was so mind-blowingly awful, I would have purchased a different camera system.  I have an idea if you cannot fix the problems, please refund us so that we can spend our money with sony, cannon or Nikon.

Sightseer

The GoPro quick application is still stuck at authentication.  I have tried all the solutions, and I called your tech's as suggested spent several hours on the phone.  Guess what they couldn't fix the problem and created a case file on July 13.  I was told that your support would get back to me with a solution.  On July 27, I had to call because I hadn't heard anything.  Surprise when I spoke with tech support and supplied them with my case number there was still no update.  Now I have to tell you I spent close to a thousand dollars on GoPro equipment to find out that while the camera recording quality is excellent, the support app that controls all the updates is not working with no real answers on fixing the problem.  I have to manually update my camera which I have to tell you what a pain.  However, because I have a MAC, the Tech was unable to tell me how to update the karma grip manually.  Not to mention part of what people pay for when purchasing your equipment is an application that allows us to store and edit the video with ease and update our equipment.  If I had known that support for your device was so mind-blowingly awful, I would have purchased a different camera system.  I have an idea if you cannot fix the problems, please refund us so that we can spend our money with sony, cannon or Nikon.

GoPro

Hello @matto23075

Sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced. You should be able to update the Karma Grip even if you are using a Mac computer, as long as you have the Quik for desktop app installed. The instructions are detailed here: https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/How-to-Update-the-Karma-Grip . See if you will be able to update your Karma Grip this time. 

As there is already a case established for your concern, you can provide the results to the representative who was assisting you in order to proceed to the next steps. If you have received an email from Support, you can reply to the email.

Thanks, 
Marius

Sightseer

I was having the same problems recently and didn't know why -- the localhost thing wasn't it, restarting it wasn't it.  Turns out, I turned off my wifi (I had both an ethernet and Wifi connection enabled -- don't ask) and only had the one network path and it worked fine.  So, perhaps some problems could be because of multiple routes to the internet and GoPro's auth methods not quite being resilient to that scenario.

Tourist

Same problem here. No sollution yet. Absolutely ridiculous. Not at all stoked on GoPro software.

Since I haven't been able to launch the app I'm just wondering if I'll need to sign in every time it launches or is this just the initial one-off account verification? 

I'm in China and often switch ip addresses via vpn so I'm guessing I'll need to verify my account often, assuming I'm ever able to sign in the first place...