Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Unable to open Quik - stuck at "Authenticating"

Same issue with the newest version on a mac. i am from austria

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @dennist0383 and @redhero11201

Sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with Quik. There is an updated version of the app that was just released (v2.6.2).  This new version has a "Restart with default settings" under the Menu>Help tab that should clear out the issue. 

See if updating to the latest version will give you this option. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

Hi Marius

thanks for your reply. Your Tip did not help. any other ideas?

thanks

Werner

GoPro

Thank you for the update, @redhero11201. To verify, were you able to perform the steps as below?

1 Open Quik for desktop
2 While on the login screen, select the “Help” tab above the Quik for desktop window
3 Select “Restart with default settings”
4 A modal will appear saying “Are you sure?“. Click “Restart” once more.
5 Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
6 Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully. 

Will wait for an update from you. 

Many thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

Hi Maruis

I have tried exactly the steps you described but still having the same problems afterwords. I have also tried to logon with my facebook account with the same result.

thanks

Werner

GoPro

Glad to hear back from you, @redhero11201. Thank you for the verification. I will forward this result to the team and will post updates once I hear back from them. Best regards!

Sightseer

I've got the same problem (I'm in London)

The first posts are from 2011, how is it possible that you have not fixed it yet?

Sightseer

I bought Hero 5 session yesterday and 2 hours i trying starting GoPro Quik and it stuck at "Authenticating"
I am very angry!