Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Unable to login on quik on windows

When I try to log in on Quik (Windows) it stays on the "authenticating" message. 

Reinstalling doesn't help aswell.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Unable to login on quik on windows

Hello @nicolasf75. Do you have the latest version of the Quik for desktop app installed? Which OS is your computer running on?

Are you able to log in to your account through the (1) GoPro app for mobile and (2) gopro.com ? 

Is this the first time that you are logging in to Quik for desktop using your account? 

Do you remember verifying your account via email? Try resending email confirmation and make sure that you confirm your account through email. 

If all these are good and the issue persists, please connect with our Support team so they can walk you through additional troubleshooting steps. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for replying @mariustanya

I’m running Windows 10 and I have Quik 2.7.0

I am able to log in on the mobile app as well and GoPro.com

It’s also not the first time I have logged in on quick for desktop.
I also verified my account
Highlighted
GoPro

@nicolasf75, while the "Authenticating" message is appearing, wait 15 seconds, then close Quik for desktop. Then turn off your Wi-Fi connection, then re-enable. (Connect your computer via Ethernet cable rather than Wi-fi if possible.) Now reopen Quik for desktop and see if you can log in. On some occasions, the program will open immediately. 

You may also try the following steps in addition to the suggestions above: 

1. Close Quik for desktop 
  2. Open Windows Explorer by pressing Windows key + E 
  3. Click the View tab at the top of this window and make sure the box next to "Show hidden files" is checked 
  4. Navigate to C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Local and delete the "GoPro" folder 
  5. Restart Quik for desktop and see if the issue persists 

Additionally, you may attempt to reset the app by following these steps: 

1. Open Quik for desktop 
  2. While on the login screen, select the "Help" tab above the Quik for desktop window 
  3. Select "Restart with default settings" 
  4. A modal will appear saying "Are you sure?". Click "Restart" once more. 
  5. Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time. 
  6. Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.