Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Unable to install Quik on Windows 10

I had Quik running on my Windows 10 laptop fine until this morning. Now, I can't open the software. I click the icon, put in admin password (which is a ridiculous step since its my laptop and my software), then enter the admin password (I am the admin), and nothing happens. Again, it was working fine yesterday, and there have been zero changes to my laptop. I have rebooted and restarted laptop several times, and uninstalled and reinstalled the GoPro Quik software twice now.

I've had other various issues with my GoPro Hero 7 Black (powering on for no reason with voice activation turned OFF), and serious battery over heating issues. Please help me before I return the camera and buy an Osmo.

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Unable to install Quik on Windows 10

If you're now having an admin window pop up when trying to run software, this is a windows issue, possibly caused by an automatic update or policy change.

I would suggest you do a system restore to when your windows OS was functioning normally

If this doesn't work, I would suggest you contact Windows technical support.  Admin rights/policy changes are handled by windows and not dicated by GoPro software.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

Re: Unable to install Quik on Windows 10

If you're now having an admin window pop up when trying to run software, this is a windows issue, possibly caused by an automatic update or policy change.

I would suggest you do a system restore to when your windows OS was functioning normally

If this doesn't work, I would suggest you contact Windows technical support.  Admin rights/policy changes are handled by windows and not dicated by GoPro software.