Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Unable to install Quick on Windows 8.1

[ Edited ]

Copy and paste the link here--> [Edit: Link Removed] click Quik 2.3 with GoPro Studios (Windows) beside the GoPro media icon. This should download on windows 8.1.

Highlighted
Sightseer

[SOLVED] Re: Unable to install Quick on Windows 8.1

I had the same problem, so I googled "Gopro Quik installer 2.1" because I had had that version on Windows 8 once. I found it and Quik 2.1 worked perfect . Unfortunatelly, gopro only allow us to download the 2.5 version and I can't understand why.  

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: [SOLVED] Re: Unable to install Quick on Windows 8.1

This is utterly inane. I am beyond disappointed that this software will not work on my computer running 8.1. One big selling point about the gopro for me was that a decent editing suite was included. Obviously it's not out of the realm of possibility to have software compatible with previous versions of windows. Lame and, imo, unprofessional.

Highlighted
Sightseer

What about running the actual Quik in a virtual machine with WIN10? So you don´t have to run an elder Quick version or directly upgrade your windows.

Highlighted
Sightseer

You would still need to purchase Windows 10 for use on the virtual drive, which only further increases the expense of using GoPro.

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

[Edit: Link Removed]

hope this link helps as it contains link to download quik2.1 version compatiable with Windows7 or 8, 8.1 as well.

Highlighted
Sightseer

it really is stupid. even with my pc wich is one of the latest modells doesn`t even support Windows 10, and windows 8 isn`t that old. if they can`t make a program available for Windows 8 or 8.1, otherwise they`ll lose a lot of potential customers. people will start buying other brands just to be able to view edit and post new videos. that is a really big bummer from GoPro. i really expected more from them. this is just embarrassing.

Highlighted
Sightseer

We still can't get any possitive response from offical answer. how we cab support Gopro in new products and recommand good experience to others user or potential customer. I'm feel not resonable, Gopro quick desktop only support latest version for windows(can't support windows8.1).