Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous

Unable to install Quick on Windows 8.1

[ New ]

After downloading the Quick app installer I'm given an error message saying "The specified program requires a newer version of Windows." Is the application no longer supported by Windows 8.1? If that's the case can I still download a version which supports Windows 8.1?

GoPro

Re: Unable to install Quick on Windows 8.1

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous,

In order to install the latest version of Quik you will need at least 64 bit Windows 10 system. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,

Ryan 

Anonymous

[ New ]

if thats the case then how do people without windows 10 use quik. i need to use quik to veiw my videos and pictures off my gopro 5 black because when i try to access my gopro through file explorer it says there is no files avaible ever since the last firmware update?? 

Anonymous

[ New ]

The older version used to work fine on Windows 8.1, and that's how I used to use it. However I decided to format my pc and was not able to install it now. Seems a litle bit careless from GoPro since a lot of people are still using older versions of Windows and are now unable to install the application. They could at least provide a download link for the older version. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi, Unfortunately I cannot give you an answer to your question because i get the same response when trying to download the Quik app for Windows 7. A window comes up and says I need to update  to Windows 10...WTF !! I just recentley deleted the app because of a message telling me it was corupt and to reload the program, and now I stuck. Trying to contact customer serve for answers but thats a joke. Good luck.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Google Quik 2.3 download and you should be able to find the old version that supports windows 7 and 8.1. :)

Anonymous

[ New ]

Precisely Why I Shorted GoPro (NASD: GPRO) stock after I bought my HERO5 Black! Imagine: You Buy a New $400 Action Camera Plus $300 in Accessories, Unbox it and attempt to Download the Software onto both your Win7 (32-bit) and Win8.1 (64-bit) computers in order to Update the Camera BEFORE using. Only to find that GoPro "expects" you to Upgrade Your computers to Win10 ONLY! Really!! Woodman and the GoPro Team just DO NOT GET the company's Users..NOT to mention the persistent lack of an actual EcoSystem (See "Apple")! Also, like was stated earlier: GoPro Customer Service is a 'Joke'!!

Anonymous

[ New ]

Anonymous

[ New ]

Copy and paste the link here--> [Edit: Link Removed] click Quik 2.3 with GoPro Studios (Windows) beside the GoPro media icon. This should download on windows 8.1.

Anonymous

[SOLVED] Re: Unable to install Quick on Windows 8.1

[ New ]

I had the same problem, so I googled "Gopro Quik installer 2.1" because I had had that version on Windows 8 once. I found it and Quik 2.1 worked perfect . Unfortunatelly, gopro only allow us to download the 2.5 version and I can't understand why.  

Anonymous

Re: [SOLVED] Re: Unable to install Quick on Windows 8.1

[ New ]

This is utterly inane. I am beyond disappointed that this software will not work on my computer running 8.1. One big selling point about the gopro for me was that a decent editing suite was included. Obviously it's not out of the realm of possibility to have software compatible with previous versions of windows. Lame and, imo, unprofessional.

Anonymous

[ New ]

What about running the actual Quik in a virtual machine with WIN10? So you don´t have to run an elder Quick version or directly upgrade your windows.

Anonymous

[ New ]

You would still need to purchase Windows 10 for use on the virtual drive, which only further increases the expense of using GoPro.

Anonymous

[ New ]

[Edit: Link Removed]

hope this link helps as it contains link to download quik2.1 version compatiable with Windows7 or 8, 8.1 as well.

Anonymous

[ New ]

it really is stupid. even with my pc wich is one of the latest modells doesn`t even support Windows 10, and windows 8 isn`t that old. if they can`t make a program available for Windows 8 or 8.1, otherwise they`ll lose a lot of potential customers. people will start buying other brands just to be able to view edit and post new videos. that is a really big bummer from GoPro. i really expected more from them. this is just embarrassing.

Anonymous

[ New ]

We still can't get any possitive response from offical answer. how we cab support Gopro in new products and recommand good experience to others user or potential customer. I'm feel not resonable, Gopro quick desktop only support latest version for windows(can't support windows8.1).

Tourist

[ New ]
I'm new to Gopro and just got the 5 black, I was excited to use it. When I went to download Quik for my desktop, and i'm told I have to upgrade my windows to 10, and 8.1 64 bit isn't good enough anymore. the choice becomes should I keep the camera or does it go back? I've read a lot of issues customers are having with their wireless connections (me included) and other work around customers are doing just to get their pictures off their camera's. I see some responses from Gopro, but they are few and far between. It makes me wonder, should I have to do all this digging just to look at my pictures on my computer and be able to edit them? I guess my $400 + money isn't good enough. I will wait to see and make my decision from there.
Anonymous

[ New ]

Has this been resolved?  I am running Windows 8.1 64bit 8GB RAM Intel COre i5-3330S CPU @ 2.70 Ghz.  I really just want to be able to update the firmware on the gopro. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

dude!! thanks alot!!

Anonymous

[ New ]

Since I am not going to upgrade to Windows 10 and not willing to get into a monthly contract for GoPro Plus for $5/Mo, It appears that I am just going to have to manually transfer my videos to my computer by removing the SD card every time.  What a whipping!!  When it comes time for a new camera, I will not be going with GoPro.  I can see why after 2 years GoPro stock (GPRO) has gone from $17.15 per share to $5.26 per share.  GoPro is a neat product, but they do not have a corner on the cloud market like Apple does with the iPhone.  Hopefully they will come to the realization that they are simply a purveyor of commoditized hardware and will never rival tech giants like Google, Microsoft or Apple.  I have seen many companies like GoPro that have pioneered an industry but then eventually fail.  i.e the Sony Walkman was super popular back in the 80's and 90's but Apple eventually are their lunch when they launched the iPod.  Apple became king in the music industry because they figured out how to control the content which drove the product sales.  Unfortunately, GoPro cannot control the content and there are far too many other companies that have already beat them to the punch on cloud services.  Here is my message to GoPro....stop trying to railroad me into a cloud service as you are driving me into the arms of your competition.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I agree 100%. GoPro is a great product but they are pissing alot of customers off so GoPro......please listen to your customers!!!

Tourist

[ New ]

Holy crap! Just bought my first (and last) gopro. Really!? windows 10 only? What a slap in the face.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Gopro or who ever you are,

You know that what you are doing is called programmed obsolecense don't you?

so now, bring back this old **bleep** version, because I don0t want any windows 10!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

[ New ]

GoPro should at least offer a boiled down version so that you can update the firmware and transfer files from the SD card to your PC.  

Tourist

[ New ]

wow another company trying to force you to install crappy windows 10, nice move gopro

Anonymous

[ New ]
Worked perfect thank you a lot
Anonymous

[ New ]

Hello has you, this link really works and it really turns(shoots) on Windows 8.1 I have just tested him(it)

Tourist

[ New ]

I have found a fix for this. First downlad Go Pro Studio which can be found here at this link for free.

Then after you install and run the go pro studio within you windows, update the software which either update automatically (shown on the top of the screen with a spinning loading icon) or go to help/options to check for updates. Once it Find an update. It will automatically update to Go Pro Quik and allow you to use the software on both windows 7,8 or 8.1.

Please let me know if this works for you guys and give either a like or thumbs up. :)

Sightseer

[ New ]
First thank you for being more helpfull then gopro crew.
i've bought a hero5 black i loved to use it but i hated it when i tried to edit my videos on my win8 pc.
i downloaded the gopro studio from your link i installed it.
but couldnt see where i can update it to Quik.
u said that there is a spinning icon on top but i can see only the edit steps on top.
already i tried to use this version without updating to Quik.
i can import videos to left side and trim and add selected videos to conversation list. there is no problem. But when i try to convert them the program closes itself with eror. please help me. igave 500+$ with accesories and dont want to burn that fckng device.
Tourist

[ New ]
Ok I'll help you to troubleshoot. First male sure your connected to the internet. Second open go pro studio without your camera connected via usb. Once it's done loading the program and is opened on your screen; plugin your camera to the computer. The software should automatically pick up the update based on your camera and will ask you if your would like to update the software. Before this message pops up leave your camera alone pluged in for about 10min. The sofrware need time to check go pro's server to see if there is and update available. If thr message to update pops up Click ok or yes. Whatever the mesaage is, accept it. If nothing pops up after being connected with the camera motr than 10min, go look through the settings or other items on the menu to look for an update option. It should be there because I saw it there while fiddling with the program. If nothing still happens, then contact go pros support and deal with them. Im just nice guy trying to help. Good Luck! 👍
Sightseer

[ New ]

Worked like a charm.  thank you!!!  FYI after downloading the GOPRO Studio bundle just open the icon that says GOPRO not the one that says GOPRO Studio.  When you open the GoPro icon their is a Bell (information) at the top right corner.  It will ask you if you would like to update.  Click yes and it does the rest.  It even changed the icon to GoPro Quik.

Tourist

[ New ]

Can someone pm the link to me? I assume it's being removed from the posts.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Just purchased a back 7, shameful I can not used Quik on my windows 8 PC, plenty of power, but I decided not to upgrade to 10, I expect Gopro would release soon a 8.1 Qik version, otherwise I will have to relay on 3rd party software to do my editing.  

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @agiletree45587

To view, manage and edit your GoPro videos on a home computer, you can use our free software GoPro Quik for Desktop

GoPro cameras create MP4 files, a format that is supported by many video editing programs. For other editing options on your home computer, we have had several customers give good reviews of Pinnacle Studio HD, Davinci Resolve,  Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premier Elements, and Apple's iMovie and Final Cut X. 

For more advance video editing applications, please refer to DaVinci Resolve (Free Version) or Adobe Premiere Pro CC (Paid).

VLC Media Player is also a free downloadable video media player that supports MP4 H.264 files.

Thanks!
Ej

Explorer

[ New ]