Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Unable to install Quick on Windows 8.1

After downloading the Quick app installer I'm given an error message saying "The specified program requires a newer version of Windows." Is the application no longer supported by Windows 8.1? If that's the case can I still download a version which supports Windows 8.1?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Unable to install Quick on Windows 8.1

Hi @bojus,

In order to install the latest version of Quik you will need at least 64 bit Windows 10 system. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,

Ryan 

Highlighted
Sightseer

if thats the case then how do people without windows 10 use quik. i need to use quik to veiw my videos and pictures off my gopro 5 black because when i try to access my gopro through file explorer it says there is no files avaible ever since the last firmware update?? 

Highlighted
Tourist

The older version used to work fine on Windows 8.1, and that's how I used to use it. However I decided to format my pc and was not able to install it now. Seems a litle bit careless from GoPro since a lot of people are still using older versions of Windows and are now unable to install the application. They could at least provide a download link for the older version. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi, Unfortunately I cannot give you an answer to your question because i get the same response when trying to download the Quik app for Windows 7. A window comes up and says I need to update  to Windows 10...WTF !! I just recentley deleted the app because of a message telling me it was corupt and to reload the program, and now I stuck. Trying to contact customer serve for answers but thats a joke. Good luck.

Highlighted
Tourist

Google Quik 2.3 download and you should be able to find the old version that supports windows 7 and 8.1. :)

Highlighted
Sightseer

Precisely Why I Shorted GoPro (NASD: GPRO) stock after I bought my HERO5 Black! Imagine: You Buy a New $400 Action Camera Plus $300 in Accessories, Unbox it and attempt to Download the Software onto both your Win7 (32-bit) and Win8.1 (64-bit) computers in order to Update the Camera BEFORE using. Only to find that GoPro "expects" you to Upgrade Your computers to Win10 ONLY! Really!! Woodman and the GoPro Team just DO NOT GET the company's Users..NOT to mention the persistent lack of an actual EcoSystem (See "Apple")! Also, like was stated earlier: GoPro Customer Service is a 'Joke'!!

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]