Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Unable to add gauges in Quik using Hero 8 Black video file

I wish I'd researched more thoroughly and just bought the Hero 7 and saved myself some money. This inability to use a feature advertised and the excessive wind noise problem are a massive disappointment.
Highlighted
Tourist

I've stopped recommending GoPro to friends, I think this is one of the worst experiences I've had with a product in recent times - to have advertised *core* features that just don't work and the default response of use the app is just not good enough.

Absolutely the last time I buy GoPro products or recommend them to anyone else, it's pathetic.

Highlighted
Tourist

This could be how a company goes belly up, false advertising, careless care of customers, 4th trip using the GoPro 8 black and the workflow of “download to the iPad-> add stickers-> save-> then save to device-> then share to computer-> now add to movie software-> make montage -> process-> upload file to YouTube . Holly **bleep** what a nightmare between iPad not sending heavy files due to sleep mode, heavy files, and then the time it take to process is jus insane I would spends hours and hours and then memory on the iPad full, guys seriously, who is the escalation point, open a Jira, escalate this is just insane I bought 3 gopros if this is not fixed in the next coming month not only you will lose me I will start sharing this to all my followers and fans! This is just the worst!!! Are you guys not escalating this to the engineering team? How are they no reprioritizing the road map, how is this possible? This is a main feature and a main rupture!!! This is just insane! I should maybe I should just talk to Nick , yes nick your CEO how is the return to basic and focus on the basic founding ideas of GoPro no applying to the main features?? Not to be a **bleep** but enough is enough I am escalating this myself to your ceo!
Highlighted
Tourist

For those still having issues, first make sure gps is on in the settings menu and you have a little icon (it looks like a little pin) do this out of any case you have (how ive found it works), get the gopro quik for desktop program and via usb to your computer import it all from gopro quik, you should be able to add guages now. For some reason the gps signal hates first connections through the clear case ive found but after the first time it always works, i leave it open for a minute myself just as added protection.

I added a picture of a hero 5 video with the guages from desktop

gopro.JPG

gopro.JPG
Highlighted
Tourist

Yes but we are talking about the HERO 8. It works with all the other gopros that have GPS but not with the 8.
Highlighted
Hiker

Dude, looking at the other posts, it's been an issue (like the chronic wind noise) since the camera was released. They either can't fix it, or unwilling to.
Highlighted
Tourist

for the Gopro 8 it doesn't work

Highlighted
Hiker

@grayshore78073 , @neanderthal@jpa369 , @siftah , @paularys ,   @carlosveny and others,

Feel free to join me in this effort to get a refund for the Hero 8 because of this issue. In this post I explain why GoPro should refund:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Refund-For-not-working-gps-on-Hero8/m-p/596130#/M143766