Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Unable to add gauges in Quik using Hero 8 Black video file

When GoPro staff have commented on this topic it sounds like, indeed, they are not working on a Quik update, but rather on a new desktop app. We don't have an estimated launch date, as they have been saying "near future" since last year.

Highlighted
Tourist

yes it seems we will have to wait, it is on the phone but it takes so much memory with my videos and the workflow is just horrible.

Highlighted
Hiker

Imagine my suprise after going out ofr  anice ride on my motorbike after lockdown had lifted with my brand new GoPro 8.

I get home, transfer the footage to my PC, load up Quik, excited to finally try the gauges feature only to find it doesn't work!

Come on here and see this issue is known and nothing has yet been done since OCTOBER last year!!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @neanderthal

Sorry for any trouble caused.

You may use the GoPro app for the GPS stickers or other applications like Dashware or RaceRender in the meantime.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

@aragon1006 The gauges won't work in Dashware either. In Race Render it works somewhat but is also quite buggy and messy. I am seriously considering to make a case against go pro to return my Hero 8. I wanted to extract my GPS data to keep track of my windsurf sessions and show off my top speed. This was my primary use case for this thing. I usually tend to give tech companies some time to fix their bugs. Go Pro doesnt seem to be interested in improving their software or support. Its just so unacceptable to not have this working since October last year. 

Using the GoPro App is another joke. I have an ipad pro and previously it was possible to connect your camera over USB-C and transfer files quickly. This is also broken since October last year. Transferring 4k files over WiFi is quite an customer experience. Takes ages, and you have to keep your phone/tablet awake. If it drops into standby you can start over again or puzzle out which files have transferred and wich didnt by hand. Then try to import the failed files.

Conclusion is that Go Pro Gauges don't work and Go Pro doesn't care to get it working. They just don't care about their customers.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I bought a Garmin VIRB and use that to record and display fligh information, speed, position, G-forces etc. The GoPro will be relegated to secondary outside shots etc. and eventually phased out of my equipment.

Highlighted
Hiker

So the solution to wanting to use one of the features of the flagship camera in the GoPro range is NOT to use the GoPro Quik app?
I expected so much more from a company like GoPro.
Highlighted
Tourist

It’s really frustrating that they haven’t fixed this and the workarounds they suggest just add to it.  Editing any decent quality video more than a few seconds in length is not practical on any phone or IPad. It’s  closer to the launch of the Hero 9 than from when the Hero 8 launched and they still haven’t fixed this major problem!? I “traded up” primarily for this feature! I’ll be sure to spread the word. GoPro needs to get their S together!