Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Unable to add gauges in Quik using Hero 8 Black video file

Nice bro!

Will add it & update it later. I find you on twitter later...
Highlighted
Tourist

I am having the exact same issue.  At first I thought the camera was faulty and was not getting/capturing GPS data.  But the GoPro iOS app defintely sees GPS data and I am able to add gauges accordingly when doing a simple video edit within the app.  But if I download the exact same file to my desktop PC runnings Windows 10 and the latest GoPro Quik app (2.7.0.945) it tells me there is no GPS data.  

Highlighted
Nomad

@siftah that's a perfectly understandable position, as is not wanting to downgrade the firmware of the camera (which will not modify videos previously recorded on v1.50)
Highlighted
Tourist

same issue for me.. gopro quick not supporting for windows. gopro plz solve the issue quikly

Highlighted
GoPro

@braveexper33153, currently, Quik for desktop doesn’t support camera firmware updates or telemetry gauges for your HERO8 Black camera. We are focusing on adding this functionality to our latest GoPro Desktop application in the near future, but in the meantime, the GoPro App on iOS and Android can both update your camera and also add telemetry gauges as well.

In the meantime, apologies for any inconvenience. Your patience and understanding are very much appreciated.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you for the response/explanation to this thread, definitely helps to have confirmation.  For those following this thread, depending on what activity you are trying to add gauges to, a hack that you may want to explore is to use a fitness tracker with GPS, start an activity during your GoPro recording to capture GPS coordinates, find a way to download the data for that activity (like a Garmin .fit file), and then use Garmin VIRB Edit software to sync things up.  If you Google "gopro garmin virb edit" you'll likely see a YouTube tutorial come up from Shane Miller's channel on how to do this. The gauges are really cool...I've played with this recently and it works really good and is super easy to do.

Highlighted
Nomad

@rhirschey Yes. Virb Edit is pretty good.

Just to complement your reply, you can achieve the same without an external tracker by converting the GoPro telemetry to GPX (use the free Telemetry Extractor). That's as long as your GPS signal is good enough, of course
Highlighted
Tourist

When does GoPro expect this issue to be resolved?