Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Unable to add gauges in Quik using Hero 8 Black video file

I'm also amazed this isn't fixed yet. I have a dirt bike race that I'd love to put the gauges on. It works on my Android phone, but not on my Mac.

Highlighted
Tourist

I can see in another thread that there is a missing config file for the Hero8 in the Quik app, which means it's basically just not been added yet.

People have tried to fix it themselves by recreating the missing file which I've tried to do but this also doesn't seem to work for me :(

Highlighted
Nomad

The config file fix only works for the old Hero8 firmware. For the new one, you can convert your files with this tool https://youtu.be/nY4LfVFViT0
Highlighted
Tourist

There's no way I'm going to pay 30 dollars for something to fix a problem that GoPro themselves should be fixing tbh.

Much easier to just downgrade the firmware back to 1.2 and add the missing .XML file!

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Siftah, are you using Catalina?

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm using Catalina, yes - your script works for me, I just swapped the wget for "curl -o".

I'm on 1.50 firmware though and have videos recorded with that firmware which I want gauges for, so I can downgrade to 1.2 to get them to work but I'd really rather just have GoPro fix their software! :)

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Glad to hear that it working with you. I'm using HighSierra, so my testing environment is only with HighSierra, and also thank for the "curl -o". Will update and test it latter.

or

Should i change "wget" to "curl" ?

Highlighted
Tourist

Curl is a replacement for wget, yup!

On Catalina and I believe also in all MacOS previous versions, curl should be available by default, this command will download the XML file from your server and drop it into the correct folder with the right privileges;

sudo curl https://gph8.circuitxpert.com/Hero8BlackGPMF.xml -o /Applications/GoPro\ Quik.app/Contents/Resources/telemetrydata/DataProfiles/Hero8BlackGPMF.xml