Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Unable to add gauges in Quik using Hero 8 Black video file

Just looked to re-download Quik for Windows / Mac.... Update on Monday 18th May 2020 is :

GoPro legacy software
by Monday - edited Monday

We’ve moved on, but that doesn’t mean you have to. Download your favorite legacy software here.

Basically, they have turned it off. So it's not going to be fixed.

I bought my camera the two weeks ago Monday, with all these amazing features I was quite excited. 
Since received, many features have been turned off one by one... Do I regret buying the camera, no, its a great camera, but I regret paying what I paid for it.  It has greatly devalued my camera, and my plus subscription, thats not happening next year!   Don't get me started on them not shipping batteries to the UK, or even their dual battery charger!

Highlighted
Tourist

They have discontinued Quik for desktop... they have apparently 'moved on'.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hopefully, they are developing a brand new software for computer, even if I doubt Smiley Indifferent

Highlighted
Hiker

If you go on the dashblabla website that they recommend you try they actually state their working on a new project with GoPro.
Hopefully it’s a new app.
Weird that they retire an app without the new one ready though??
Highlighted
Nomad

The Dashware post is from the Hero5 times, back when GoPro acquired them and not much before they discontinued it. GoPro is going to launch a new editing software, Mural, but we don't know if it's for desktop computers, or if it's for general edits (and gauges) or for 360 video (which they have been beta testing)
Highlighted
Sightseer

I'm also having this issue and it's the key reason I bought them to display speed overlays for cycling/running and track driving... ridiculous that your newest camera has problems with this. If anything the older models should get the shaft and not the newer ones... 

I'm definitely working on selling my two Hero 8's for Insta360 One R. Absolutely ridiculous that this does not work...

Highlighted
Sightseer

I forgot to mention since I was ranting... I've tried importing onto my phone via Quik which doesn't allow you to actually import a file. I've tried getting this to work on the GoPro app which also doesn't work because it specifies that GPS is not available similarly to how Quik works on the desktop application on Mac and Windows... All are using the latest firmware/software updates from GoPro.

This is seriously a joke. It's a good camera with good quality, but if you make it difficult to put simple features that you advertise then what's the point... 

Waiting to put out a review on this camera and let's just say I have lots of good things to say.

Highlighted
Nomad

If the phone app does not show the data, the GPS signal is either missing or has low precision. See here for some tips on how to improve that: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Metadata-Visualization-GPS/GoPro-GPS-not-working-Performance-st...