Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Unable to add gauges in Quik using Hero 8 Black video file

Bought a Hero 8 a week ago,

Support here seems to be very pooooooor:

1. First issue - had a problems with Quik App saying, that my PC doesnt support HEVC, even its on i9-9900K 16 GB Ram and all video files sat on NVME SD Card---- found a solution - buy a 0.79 GBP HEVC codec from Microsoft store... simple as that.

Neeext.... 

2. This now, GPS ON, trying on small videos in my garden. Complete fail, still doesn pop up in Desktop App, :(

tried on phone APp, all seems is working fine... all issues with Desktop versions...

Is there aditional codec or driver needs installing? any software patch which might help?

HEEEELP!!!

Thank you for you attention

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @edgarso8170. Currently, Quik for desktop doesn’t support telemetry gauges for your HERO8 Black camera. You might want to check out the suggestions above for solutions to displaying GPS desktop for your HERO8 Black footage. 

Highlighted
Hiker

I’m sorry, they aren’t solutions, they are workarounds to unlock features GoPro originally advertised with the camera!
Highlighted
Hiker

@mariustanya That is just not an acceptable answer at this point, 6 months after introduction. When will GoPro apologize for this issue and come with a solution?

Highlighted
Tourist

Just to add, downloading any of videos with enabled GPS on Android device, does allow me to enable stickers (Gauges), so issue is with desktop app, which doesnt work neither on my Windows PC neither on Mac.

But downloading 4k videos (hours), i really need to updatte my phone or tablet with internal memory 128 - 256 gb, App doesnt work for SD Cards...

Presume, due to Covid 19 issue, there isnt much dev support on application (just my thoughts), 

Apple might be working on new app development too...

Highlighted
Sightseer

glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue; almost went back to costco for a return.
bought my hero8 expecting all it to work.
sighhhhh

tried the virb edit thing. ehh its a workaround. still sucks.

gps data is all wonky, dont know if its just **bleep**ty data my gopro captured, or this workaround doesnt really work.
it was outdoors in my neighborhood park, no tall buildings anywhere.

in addition to a missing timewarp file that froze my camera -- it had to repair the file,
i'm not entirely happy with my purchase.

hopefully they fix their **bleep**, until then i guess ill keep making the best out of it -- and hoping my captures work

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thanks for the information re Virb Edit and Telemetry Extractor. I'm sorry if I'm not following this right, and I'm using Windows which may use a different process to Applie, but I don't seem to be able to import the gpx file into Virb Edit. It's only giving me the option to import media file and does not show the gpx file in the location where it's been saved - what am I doing wrong?

Highlighted
Nomad

You need to import it from the gMetrix menu, not as media. See the 5:19 minute https://youtu.be/zTpGznyhegs