Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Unable to add gauges in Quik using Hero 8 Black video file

Hello,  I am unable to add gauges in the Quik app using Hero 8 Black video files.  The app says there is not gps data.  I double checked and GPS is turned on adn the video file does contain GPS, speed etc in the video file.  I verified using 3rd party app to extract the data.  I also tried Dashware but that also will not show the data in the gauges.

System is a Window 10 Pro 1903

GoPro Quik version 2.7.0.945

GoPro Hero 8 Black

Thanks for your help.

GoPro

Re: Unable to add gauges in Quik using Hero 8 Black video file

Thank you for the feedback, @daveb2005. We will pass this along to the team. 

Tourist

I have the same issue, advised to factory reset the gopro - which I did and re-install the update manually.

Uninstall Quik from Desktop and re-install - still failed.

Tried via Mobile Phone Quik on same File and it works.

So I imagine the issue is with the Desktop version of Quik...

Tourist

PS - just tried on my Work Laptop - Desktop Quik, also failed like my home desktop, but works on Mobile Phone Quik... so it does look like its the Desktop Quik software that has the issue....

Tourist

I should advise the Mobile Phone app is the GoPro, not the Quik that I set the Gauges on which worked.

Tourist

I was able to use the mobile GoPro app to get the gauges,  just not ideal in working with big files and you don't have a lot of contorl of the gauges.

Tourist

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem on a Mac. I have the latest version of Quik, and it clearly needs an update to be compatible with the Hero 8. I remember this happened previously on the Hero 6 or 7 - why can't the software be updated before the camera is released?

EDIT: I forgot to say that the gauges work perfectly from my Hero 7s, but not the 8 (yet...)

Tourist

Any progress on this? I have the same issue.