Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

USB connected camera show no files

I was attempting to download my cloud files to my computer via Quik, but since it downloads SO slowly and times out very easily (and I have REALLY good internet connection), I figured I would try plugging my camera directly into my computer with the usb. Quik recognizes that a camera is connected, but it says there is 0 on the SD card (which is very false) and there is no button to click to import the photos. Basically there is nothing I can do from that screen. I REALLY want the actual files on my computer, not just previews from the cloud, so I would like to import my photos via USB. I do not want to reformat my SD card 1) because there's nothing wrong with it, it functions perfectly in the camera, and 2) I don't want to risk losing the actual files. I have already tried closing the program, unplugging the camera, and trying again. I am confident this is not the first time I've ever plugged this camera into the computer.

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 10.50.40 AM.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: USB connected camera show no files

Hello @kiram347,

This article discusses on steps to fix that you can try on your Mac computer. Have a go at the steps and let us know how it works out. Alternatively, see if the GoPro media files will be recognized by your computer if you insert the SD card using an adapter instead. Hope to hear back from you. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Ok so now it recognizes my camera, but it's telling my I don't have space on my computer to download the files, which isn't true. Plus I already have some of these same files already on my computer, so it could just override them. I don't want to delete anything off my SD card - should I just delete the copies I downloaded from the cloud? They took forever to download which is why I want to speed this up via USB but if it doesn't work via USB I'm gonna be pretty upset.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @kiram347,

Can you somehow send a screenshot here?

Also send your remaining space. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

I have 40gb available on my computer and can make more space. I think I have ~37gb of files on the camera. However, many of these files are already on my computer, so it is not an entire 37gb that I need to put on my computer. How come I can't choose exactly which files i want to download from the camera? It has to be all or nothing? Considering how difficult it is to get my files from the cloud (I have extremely fast, reliable internet service, so it's not me) i almost wonder if gopro WANTS me to to be able to access my files! i'm paying for gopro plus and i want to avoid purchasing a separate card reader too. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @kiram347,

Can you try to use an sd card adapter?

Please check if same issue will happen. 

Transfer it to your computer by copy and pasting them to your desired folder or file location instead of using Quik/GoPro App Importer.

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

I already said I don't own one and I don't want to buy one.