Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Time lapse photos not showing in app

[ New ]

After recording night time lapse of a meteor shower, I can view on the GoPro Hero 7 screen however they do not show up in the GoPro app under media to download. I have tried selecting Videos or All but these new videos are not available to select only previously downloaded  videos are listed. This worked in the past and has stopped since the last update which installed just before I could access the videos I took. I use an iPad Pro to access the media. I even tried using a USB connection directly to the iPad but it says the device cannot be connected as it requires power for connection. How can I get these videos to my iPad?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Time lapse photos not showing in app

[ New ]

Thank you for the update, @bobm8515. Good to know that you have found the files already. It could be that the camera did not have the correct time and date settings when the Time Lapse was captured. The moment that the camera was paired with the app, the app automatically corrects the date and time (goes without warning or notification so it may have gone unnoticed). 

It is always best to check the date and time settings on the app prior to any shoot. When the camera is not used for an extended period of time, its time and date settings could be set to default. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @bobm8515. GoPro App can't detect the camera through the USB connection. The GoPro camera has to be paired and connected wirelessly.

Just to clarify, are you trying to download the media from the GoPro camera into the GoPro App? If you captured the media using TimeLapse Photos mode, try selecting Photos on the filter options.

Also, try browsing through the media list to see if the contents are just dated incorrectly. If the problem persists, please try to unpair and re-pair your camera to the app.

Let us know how it goes.

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes I am trying to use the GoPro app. I can see the media on the camera preview screen but it is not available to download to the app. I have now tried an iPad Pro, a 27" iMac and a windows 10 device. In each case I made sure the device and apps were up to date. I have previous time lapse video showing in the app that I downloaded before but not the current videos. I can try and remove the flash card and read it from a USB reader but that defeats the normal and convenient GoPro app and adds more steps to the off load process. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Also I did connect to the GoPro wireless and it provided a preview of all my pictures and videos that are still on the SD card. Just the the recent time lapse videos are missing or not showing up as available to download to the app. The card is 128 gig it is only 2/3rds full. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @bobm8515. When you say that you are able to preview the media through the GoPro App, does that mean that you are able to access and view the file? What happens when you try to download the recent time lapse videos to the mobile device while on preview mode? Do you get any error message? If available, see if using a different mobile device makes a difference. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello, I now have been able to download the missing files. After accessing the media using a USB card reader I found the missing pictures and videos. The file dates were December 31 2015! I checked the date and time in preferences and it is correct. I have no idea why the time stamp is wrong. I have not yet tried taking new pictures to see what time stamp is applied. So at least I have my missing files. Thanks to all for your responses. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the update, @bobm8515. Good to know that you have found the files already. It could be that the camera did not have the correct time and date settings when the Time Lapse was captured. The moment that the camera was paired with the app, the app automatically corrects the date and time (goes without warning or notification so it may have gone unnoticed). 

It is always best to check the date and time settings on the app prior to any shoot. When the camera is not used for an extended period of time, its time and date settings could be set to default.