Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

There was a technique to slow a portion of a go pro video, allowing it to return to normal speed

I once learned of a technique you could apply to a section of a video footage, which would allow only a section to be slowed, while the begin and end pieces were normal.  I don't recall the method, but when following along, was very simple to do.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: There was a technique to slow a portion of a go pro video, allowing it to return to normal speed

Hi @greenhero66241

This can be done through post-process editing.

What camera are you using?

Are you referring to an in-camera functionality?

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: There was a technique to slow a portion of a go pro video, allowing it to return to normal speed

Using a GoPro 5 video clip.  There was a specific title or phrase used to describe the techinique.  It was all done in the software.  Somehow you selected a start and end point of the video, and it dramatically slowed down the section.  I did this once, it wasn't difficult, but i can't recall what the process was called, and how i did it, and don't seem to have saved the description.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @greenhero66241

What application did you use previously?

What FPS was used on the videos? Have you tried changing the playback speed via the mobile app?

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Well, as of last night, i learned that the software i used is no longer supported by Apple.  It was GoPro Studio.  I can't even go back to the one file i used before.  Such a bummer.