Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

The gopro cloud downloads lower data rate files is it possible to get the full datarate files ?

[ New ]

Is it possible to upload a gopro clip, and then download one that is exactly the same ?  Here's what I got when I downloaded my file  see jpeg below....  I want to download the full datarate file as the original..    Is that possible in the settings to tell the cloud to do that ?  The file on the right is the downloaded one, the larger one by 3x is the original out of my hero 9.

uploaded and downloaded.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: The gopro cloud downloads lower data rate files is it possible to get the full datarate files ?

[ New ]

OK.  I downloaded two files, and they came back to me exactly as they were when I uploaded them.  Good show GOPRO !!  This is worth subscribing to and using, at least for me.  This will work VERY WELL.

So, I guess in the QUIK app, the default is to download the lower resolution file, but is there the option or preference setting to allow full resolution files ?

It's not a pressing matter, now that I know that I can get what I want with the website cloud interface ( MY MEDIA ).

regards, and thank you very much !!

dan

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: The gopro cloud downloads lower data rate files is it possible to get the full datarate files ?

[ New ]

Hi @danen870

How was the initial upload made?

When the file was downloaded from the cloud, was it done individually or was it a batch download?

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

[ New ]

I'm not sure what I did, but I'm willing to try again.

The upload was whatever gopro's quick does.  Is that batch or individually ?  I uploaded in a group of 3, but I can retry.

So I will try to download one file at a time, and see if that makes any difference....and I'll post the results.

thanks, regards, Dan

Hiker

[ New ]

Yeah, the exact same thing happened as the previous time.....this was just one file uploaded, and then downloaded.....the downloaded file was slower data rate and smaller size by a factor of 0.3333.....

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Hiker

[ New ]

Describe how I go about downloading the exact mirror file of the file that I uploaded.  That's what i want.  I have no need for a trimmed down file that is 33% of the file that I uploaded.  If that's all I can get then gopro cloud is of no use to me.

regards,dan

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the additional information.

To isolate the issue, instead of doing the upload and the download via Quik, can you please try uploading via gopro.com/login ?

We'll have this shared with the team for further checking.

Regards,

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Yes, I will if you will tell me how to do it.  I will try to figure it out myself, but some guidance would be appreciated, in case i fail at my efforts to figure it out.

regards,

Dan

Hiker

[ New ]

OK.  I downloaded two files, and they came back to me exactly as they were when I uploaded them.  Good show GOPRO !!  This is worth subscribing to and using, at least for me.  This will work VERY WELL.

So, I guess in the QUIK app, the default is to download the lower resolution file, but is there the option or preference setting to allow full resolution files ?

It's not a pressing matter, now that I know that I can get what I want with the website cloud interface ( MY MEDIA ).

regards, and thank you very much !!

dan