Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

The Quik repeats logout after I logs in.

[ New ]

I am using the newest version of Quik (for Windows 10). When I logs in and select any functionality, it automatically logs out and requires me to log in. This problem repeats even I reinstall this app.

GoPro Community Manager

Re: The Quik repeats logout after I logs in.

[ New ]

@hycwong - This sounds like it could be an issue with the Internet connection or a firewall preventing you from logging in. Our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs may be able to help identify what causing this.

Jeff

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have exactly the same issue here. Go pro hero 6. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

My problem is described above (see OP)

Here is some additional information: 

Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (Version 1709), OC 16299.125

Go Pro: GoPro Hero 6 Black; v01.60  (Updated via Go pro App using the same account)

Quick Version:  v2.5.1 (Language: Russian). 

CPU i5-8400; GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 (latest drivers)

Disabling firewall doesnt help. I can login normally to GoPro app, and Website. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

The same trouble. No firewall - turned all of. Who need's this stupid authentification if it prevents using App.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Нашел на официальном форуме GoPro подсказку пользователя.

правой кнопкой по ярлыку properties>shortcut>run>maiximized (was set at normal now set to maximized)

и дополнительно, опять в настройках там же properties>shortcut>advanced>always run as administrator (this i think can be turned off)

Тупейших хак - но на удивление - это помогло мне.!
Anonymous

[ New ]

Unfortunately still not working.. :(

Anonymous

[ New ]

Same problem on windows 10 :(

Anonymous

[ New ]
Well it works terrible ... And nothing we can do with that. Im tired to fight with it and tried Movavi video editor. No problems with installation and works perfect
Anonymous

[ New ]

Same problem. Run as administrator don't solve the problem

Anonymous

[ New ]

SAME HERE

I am using hero 4 silver and windows 10

Anonymous

[ New ]

Same problem, I have Hero 4 Silver. Reinstalling, running as admin, with/without dedicated graphics card, maximized or not doesn't help. Windows also gives me a message that GoProAnalyticsServise.exe stopped.

Anonymous

[ New ]

same problem, gopro 5 black, i am absolutly sure my internet has no issue, or firewall

Anonymous

[ New ]

is anyone gonna give a response from GoPro? this sucks!

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

Our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be glad to work through this issue with you.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Same issue! App automatically logging out when i connect my Gopro 4.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Did anyone solve problem with logout? 😐
Anonymous

[ New ]

I have the same problem untill now what is the solution? any one can help us?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @Anonymous, 

Let our Support team help. You can reach them here: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks, 
Marius

Anonymous

[ New ]

Any solution? The thread is about 6 month. Look like smb dont give a... 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous

We have recently released an update for Quik Key which is supposed to correct issues on the program. Please proceed with the update and see if it works on your end.

Windows: 

Quik for Desktop v.2.6.2.841
Release Date: 6/14/2018

Mac: 

Quik for Desktop v.2.6.2.770
Release Date: 6/14/2018

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

whats going on with Quik???????? every time i logged in i try to do any action and it logs out!!!!

when this problem going to be solved??

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @danieln564

If you have already installed Quik version 2.6.2, try the following steps below and see if the login issue will be cleared out: 

1 Open Quik for desktop
2 While on the login screen, select the “Help” tab above the Quik for desktop window
3 Select “Restart with default settings”
4 A modal will appear saying “Are you sure?“. Click “Restart” once more.
5 Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
6 Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]
hi marius
i did the default restore and still i cant do any action without automaticlly kicked out of the app.
im using brand new dell laptop with windows 10. 8gb memory with ssd drive and high preformance video card. and still, cant do nothing
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for trying out the suggested steps, @danieln564. Sorry to hear that the issue is not resolved. Since this maybe related to particular settings on your computer, let our Support team walk you through further check. Please get in touch with them via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. Best regards!

Tourist

[ New ]

Are there any news on solution of that problem? I just started to use gopro only few days and still cannot have fun of it, since anything strating with GoPro itself to that Desktop Quik doesn't work properly! It really frustrates me a lot. I am experiencing this very problem.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @nicecreek78610

Sorry to hear about the trouble. if you have already installed the latest version of Quik for desktop (that is, version 2.6.2), see if the following steps will help clear the login issue:

1 Open Quik for desktop
2 While on the login screen, select the “Help” tab above the Quik for desktop window
5 Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
6 Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.

You mentioned having problems with the GoPro itself. What seems to be the matter? Anything particular that we can help with? Hope to hear back from you. Alternatively, you can get in touch with our Support team for a more personalized support. You can reach the team here: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi!

I tried your tip, it didn't help. the problem is the same: as I click any function, it requires login. I also didn't mention that Facebook login doesn't work either. I put my credentials and it says they are wrong, however I can go to my gopro profile with just the same account via web and it works fine, but not with Quik.

As for the problem with gopro itself, I manage to solve it on my own. The problem was that it didn't connect to my phone, even when it says "connected" it is not and I wasn't able to use the app. Then I figured it might be the problem of software and it needs to be updated, that's why I wanted to use Quik in the first place, but as you can understand, I couldn't do it, because it doesn't work properly!

Anyway, I could update the software manually, however it took additional effort.

That causes a fraustration, because when you buy such action camera for almost 500$ from such famous brand as Gopro,  you expect it to work smoothly, just "buy and go", but I guess it is not this time.

GoPro

[ New ]

Glad to hear back from you @nicecreek78610 . Apologies for the trouble, and thank you for the feedback. Appreciate you trying out the recommended steps. This issue has already been forwarded to the team and we are waiting for updates. And yes, doing a manual update is highly recommended considering observed issues with Quik for desktop. Best regards!

Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same problem. Whenever I click any button in this application I become immediately redirected to login screen. Application is useless. I'm not able to do anything using this application. Do you have testing team there?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @redbluff03408

If you already have the latest version of Quik for desktop (version 2.6.2), try doing the following steps:

1 Open Quik for desktop

Alternatively, you can also get in touch with our team for a more personalized support. You can reach them via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs Let us know how it works out. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, it doesn't help me.

My version of Quick is 2.6.2.841. My OS is Win10 64bit.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you fro trying out the steps, @redbluff03408. If that is the case, let our team help. This maybe related to particular settings on your computer which our Support team will be able to sort out for you. You can reach them via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

Sightseer

[ New ]

This is ridiculous. How about canceling the login requirement? We just want to import media to computer? Why do we need that? Login for what? Wasting time?

Tourist

[ New ]

GoPro don’t have solution for that bug, the problem is known for more then 18 month. I switched to magic fast cut, much better then GoPro Quik and import from GoPro perfectly

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @hardyflame75158

The app prompts for the login credentials because of GoPro Plus.

I am really sorry for all the troubles.

Feedback as been sent to the right team.

And as suggested you can also contact our Support Team.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Is it working properly now?

@hycwong wrote:

I am using the newest version of Quik (for Windows 10). When I logs in and select any functionality, it automatically logs out and requires me to log in. This problem repeats even I reinstall this app.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @sunnyriver75655

It should be working.

If you are experiencing an issue, please go over these steps:

Open Quik for desktop
While on the login screen, select the “Help” tab above the Quik for desktop window
Select “Restart with default settings”
A modal will appear saying “Are you sure?“. Click “Restart” once more.
Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

I did the steps and still got to log off and require to sign in

Try it again and again

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble. In that case, please get in touch with our Support team so they can assist further. You may reach them by phone or cat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Alternatively, you may explore other programs for viewing and editing your GoPro media. You may check them through this article.

Best regards,

Marius

Tourist

[ New ]
Hey, GoPro!

Soon it's going to be 2 years as this problem has no solution at all! You always say "try this and that" (which is every time just the same steps) and it never helps!

Do you really think all we, your customers from around the world, still haven't tried "your steps"???. And it's like we kidding with or something?

Just admit it, you don't have a solution and none of you wants to solve it. That is it.