Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

The GoPro rarely uploads media to Cloud + desktop manual upload to cloud not working

[ New ]

I've been having a lot of issues with the cloud. The GoPro rarely uploaded media on my road trip despite the various internet connections I was given access to on the trip. And it only uploaded a fracture of what was captured.

Also, when I got home I tried to manually upload from the GoPro (USB) to the cloud on desktop and it's not working. Says I have to have a specific browser and I've already tried 2 of the recommended browsers with no success.

I feel like the amount I've paid the last few months should be refunded since it served no purpose on my trip as I had hoped. Any other help you can give is appreciated. I have Hero 7 (silver). 

Thank you,

Mel

Explorer

Re: The GoPro rarely uploads media to Cloud + desktop manual upload to cloud not working

[ New ]
Make sure the camera date is correct.

Auto Upload from the camera needs to have a fully charged camera connected to a wall charger (not computer USB) and needs to be relatively close to the router. Also, Google WiFi and many hotel and non-open networks will cause issues or not work.

Your best solution, if possible, is to offload media to a mobile device with the GoPro app. This method works much faster. You can also log into GoPro.com and upload directly.

The service is actually provided through Amazon's AWS service.