Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Support hub name?

Problem #1:

I thought I remmeber changing my screenname in the settings. Now it is whatever is assigned to me, like the BORG would do.

I am not an assimilated Borg.

Please let me choose my own screen nmae.

Problem #2:

Why block FirFox spellcheck?

Since Fire Fox spellcheck is blocked, and the the default one is slow and terrible, I will leave spelling errors and mistypes in the posts.

Your welcome for the feedback.

GoPro

Re: Support hub name?

Hi @bwx232,

Please try to change your username again and if that won't work wait for at least an hour and change it again. 

Let us know if that will work - if not we'll submit this to our team to check. 

Also thanks for letting us know about the spelling issue on Firefox. 

We'll get back to you as soon as possible. 

Thanks,

-Jay 

Hiker

Thanks for the resonse!

I don't even see where to change screen name anymore.

Under "Personalize" --> "Personal" --> "Personal Information"  I see where you can put a "Title" but that is already changed to what I want my Screen name to be but that doesn't work.

Then under  "Personalize" --> "Personal" --> "IM Screen Names" There is a place to put names but that seems to be for other social media outlets like AIM and MSN, not this forum.

Under "Personalize" ---> "Preferences" --> "General" There are no options at all. maybe it is supposed to be there?

I know I changed it when I signed up, but I have not seen where I can change it again after that.

Hiker

Wow this forum is whacky. 

I finally got back to https://gopro.com/account and see where I can change username.

But when I try it always says in RED below the line, "can only be changed once per hour" and then it does not allow a change, even though I never tried before that.

Then on top of that, there is no link anywhere than I can find to get back to THIS forum from main website.

I had to go back to my email to go directly here from link.

Where is the link from Gopro.com to https://community.gopro.com?  It seems segmented and cut off from each other, very confusing and not intuitive. How about a "community" link from gopro.com?  Or is there one and I am not seeing it?

When i am at gopro.com and hit the account "symbol" top right, screen goes dark and broken drop down box appears (pic attached).  Cookies enabled, everything updated, latest versions, cookies and cache cleared, etc., etc... 

Also this thing keeps logging me out ever 5 minutes. Or every time I go from goro.com to https://community.gopro.com I have to log back in. 

gopro.com accound broken link.jpg
Hiker

Update:

I got it to change finally after about 7 tries and 3 days..  But it does not show the name change here, only in my account on gorpro.com. Smiley Frustrated  I dunno....

GoPro

Hi @bwx232,

We'll check on that. 

Thanks,

-Jay