Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Super slow GoPro Quick for Windows 10

[ New ]

I cannot wrap my ming why GoPro Quick is soooooo slow under Windows 10!

I have i7 6820@2.7Mhz, 16Gb and M.2 Samsung Pro SSD !

How come this garbage can be so slow?  It takes 10-20 second to redraw the screen in Create screen ! Cpu load in not big at all it just constantly doing something spinning blue wheel :( There is nothing else running, clean and fresh windows. I can run 3 VMwares with Ubuntu no problems.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Re: Super slow GoPro Quick for Windows 10

[ New ]

I have the exact same issue and it seams there is no answer or advice to it... extremely frustrating editing on phone only!

Tourist

[ New ]

Any ideas ?I just updated to v2.5.2 and still same sideshow, and then after using in 10 minutes it just hangs permanently! Please help.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have the same problem. So @GoPro Please wake up and do something ;-) 

This never happend with "GoPro Studio"!

Anonymous

[ New ]

Same problem guys. I'm trying to make a short video with some 2.7K (30Fps) files.
It's the first time I try to use the Gopro Quick... but it is so sloooooooooow !
I can't even save the new project.
(sorry for my english... I'm french speaking).
Hope Gopro can solve this issue.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi Everyone!

I am sorry for any troubles caused. Please ensure that the computer you are working on meets the minimum system requirements for Quik for Desktop. 

Also, you may try to uninstall and reinstall the application. In addition to this, please make sure that the camera has the latest software version.

Should you continue to get the same issue, kindly reach out to our Support Team to further check on this. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I have personally carried out all the suggestions made by GoPro support but the software remains unusable on my PC and many others. Please support your loyal customers GoPro and fix your GoPro Quik Desktop software. I have the latest intel laptop so processing should not be a problem

Anonymous

[ New ]
Same issue !
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @relica and @Anonymous,

Thank you for the feedback. We just released a new version for Quik for Desktop (version 2.6.1). Please check if this helps clear the issue. Feel free to post back for any result. https://shop.gopro.com/APAC/softwareandapp/quik-%7C-desktop/Quik-Desktop.html

Best regards, 

Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

Tried the new updated software on my new HP Intel core i5, 8th gen laptop. Its just the same problems, takes 45 seconds minium to open, constant not responding messages. and slow beyond belief. 

Everything else on my PC is fast. Please fix this.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @relica

Thank you for trying it out and for your prompt response. We would like to gather specific computer system information to further troubleshoot the issue. In order to do this, please get in touch with our Support team so a case can be established. The information you'll share will be a great help. You can reach the team through phone or chat here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

So i opened a case regarding Desktop Quik running slow on my laptop. After some research GoPro support informed me the problem relates to my dedicated video memory which is too low and non changeable due to HP control on my laptop. My laptop runs everything else fine so why doesn't GoPro make the quik software more flexible. I am now considering returning my new GoPro camera and accessories and moving to another competitor as I feel let down.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @relica

I am sorry if you feel this way. While there maybe other programs running on your computer, each program has it's own system requirements. 

Your feedback is important to us, I'll make sure this get's to the right  team.

Please continue to check our website for more updates.

Best,

Ej

Anonymous

[ New ]
I still have the same issue. I don't understand why a video program like Cyberlink power editor 16 works perfectly on my Laptop Asus Vivobook... and that QUICK does not !?
Sightseer

[ New ]

I've had the same issue since I upgraded to 2.6.1 - first I was told my graphics drivers were out of date (fixed that), then I was advised to try running it on a different computer that met the specifications for the software - which I pointed out that my current laptop more than exceeds....... Was then told that they'll check with the back office for a solution.....

I only wanted to fix the issue of lag between the overlay and footage which was well out - now I can't run anything..... Have been advised to use another third party software for editing but that defeats the object of having a GoPro and all the functions it's bought for?

All seems to relate to the latest version - maybe GoPro should be looking into what went wrong with the latest upgrade as there seems to be far too many issues - or maybe they just don't care?

Have got 4 GoPro's to date, not sure I'll be buying anymore or associated hardware......

Tourist

[ New ]

I was just coming here to inquire about the same. The software is extremely sluggish, especially when trying to create clips. I don't understand how the same functionality is smooth and painless on my phone. Unlike some others, I can save clips. However, they have audio only... the video itself is just black. What's up with that?

My PC grossly exceeds the minimum requirements...

CPU: 8th gen Intel i7-8700
  GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 (8GB of memory!)
  RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000

Anonymous

[ New ]

Same problem.  I am ridiculously over powered with my HP Laptop, and this program hangs and hangs.  Removed and reinstalling now.  If this doesn't fix the problem, this cam is going back to Amazon.  

I will not spend $700 to edit on my phone.  GoPro is no longer the only game in town.

Fix this, guys.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Also i have this same problem even trying to add files on my ssd does not work.

I did call about this before they told me i could try it in many different ways in the end of this conversation they told me i should buy a cardreader. 

But i think they are wrong the software is crap. 

When you connect youre GoPro to the pc it should only show the card even when the gopro is turned off.

My quess is they want it to make it to beautifull.

Make it simple let it show like a USB stick copy paste and be done with it.

And i wont start about what pc i have its over kill for something simple like this.

So GoPro make it simple like a USB stick and delete that other **bleep** software im really done with it.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @Anonymous, @Anonymous, @toughbeach50, @wnsslegend22, and @Anonymous, 

Thank you for your feedback. Our team is looking into this. We will keep you posted as soon as we have new information. Thank you for your patience. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi GoPro team. I am having the same issues. I'm running a new fast build (specs below). GoPro Quik is unsuable. All I can do is import from my Hero 6. I can't play any 4K content without it freezing. When I play the files directly from Media Player Classic, it's awesome and smooth. That means I can't use the GoPro Quik editing/create function. Even without 4K content, the Create function lags so much that I can't select that right spots in my videos or move them around on the timeline. It's really horrible. Please help. Thanks.

Gtx 1080 (8GB)

Coffee Lake i5 unlocked (Liquid Cooled)

Samsung m.2 SSD

16GB Corsair Vengeance (3000 Mhz)

Tourist

[ New ]

Same problem here on my ASUS Zenbook i7 8Gb, Gforce 940M 2Gb, 1Tb SSD. Unusalbe with footage from my Sessions 5.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for sharing particular observations from your devices.

@bluedawn13652.  See if the issue that you are observing is related to some limitations in playing 4K content tagged as HEVC file through this discussion

@rikponne - When you say unusable, does it mean that you are not able to view your footage, or access created mode? Although it may not exactly be crashing, but see if having multiple graphic cards on your computer could be causing the issue. Here is a suggested fix

You can always reach out to our Support team for a more personalized support, this is in consideration that the issue may be related to particular settings on your computer. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks. I forced GoPro Quick to run using the integrated video adapater, and this had resolved the problem. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Cool! Thank you for sharing, @rikponne. Good to know it worked on your end. Stay stoked and have fun using your GoPro!

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hallo. Bei mir ist die Perfomance der Quik Desktop Version ebenfalls sehr sehr schlecht. Ganz oft reagiert die Anwendung mit "Keine Rückmeldung", außerdem werden meine ausgeschnittenen Clips ohne Bildmaterial wiedergegeben, lediglich der Sound ist zu hören. Habe das Programm schon mehrfach neugestartet und das Problem besteht weiterhin.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @Anonymous, 

Quik playing only audio and not video is an issue that our team is already working on. We are still waiting for updates, though. Some members have been able to resolve the issue by making sure that the computer's video cards are updated, some have been able to install older versions of Quik, others were able to get video with altered video length. For a more personalized support though, you can get in touch with our Support team. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

@mariustanya - Thank you for responding. I looked at the discussion; however, I meet all of the requirements for playing HVEC. Newer than Kaby Lake (I have Coffee Lake), Windows 10, up to date codecs and drivers for my GTX 1080. I can actually play HVEC perfectly with Windows Media Player. It's GoPro Quick that struggles even just playing videos - forget about editing them. Please help. @rikponne seems to have found some kind of solution.

Tourist

[ New ]

Seeing if what worked for @rikponne would work for me. Forcing the program to use the integrated graphics card instead of the gtx 1080. When I right click on the GoPro Quick app, it does not give me the option to choose to run with the other graphics processor. The line item on the popup menu does not exist for me.

Tourist

[ New ]

This is frustrating. done verything above (latest drivers, reinstalled the app...) and I think a have a quite decent machine..Quik it works as if I were running it on pentium III....

What happened Go Pro??

Processor: Intel Core i7 4930K

Mainboard: Asus X79 deluxe

RAM: DDR3 64GB

Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Tourist

[ New ]
I also have this problem, and as others have said, my PC is also powerful enough to play 4K60 HEVC content without issues (i7 5820K 6-core OC to 4.2GHz, 32GB DDR4-3200, 11GB GTX 1080 Ti, 960GB SSD). VLC playback works flawlessly.

I bought my Hero 6 specifically for using the telemetry data when mountain biking. Now I can't use it.

Is there another video editing program (such as Premiere Pro CC) that can use the GoPro telemetry data?

Very disappointed by this situation. I will be looking at returning my Hero 6 Black if I don't find a solution within the next week.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @grandvista650

Is this the case for all types of media that you play on Quik? And with the latest version of Quik (version 2.6.2)? Our team might be able to help. You can get in touch with them through phone or chat here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @bravevista4471

Sorry to hear about the trouble. What happens when you try to use telemetry in Quik? Are you not able to get the gauges displayed?  You can explore the use of Dashware, Other members use RaceRender.

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes it is. 

I have the latest installed. Look at the attached image

You can give me a call sure. Where can I leave my number so that it isn`t public?

quik.JPG
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for posting back, @grandvista650. I have used a HERO6 Black camera but I have been able to display gauges in Quik. I am using the same version as yours, on a Windows computer.

I apologize as I will not be able to call. We do not have such access from the Hub. Our team will be able to help. For a more personalized support, you can connect with them via phone or chat here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

I see a lot of people are still experiencing sluggish performance of Quick. I solved this by forcing Quick to use the integrated graphic adapter instead of the dedicated, high performance adapter. This obviously only applies for machines with multiple graphic cards. You can find more details on how to do this here:  https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/Quik-for-desktop-Crashes-while-Opening-Cre....

Best,

Rik

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks I will do that. Hopefully they will be able to help, as this is getting really frustrating

I also am using HERO6.. as for the gauges..god forbid I try to activate them...the app goes into "medival times mode"...

As for the integrated graphioc cards..well since I don`t have multimple cards, this option is off..

Sightseer

[ New ]

Yeah, this software is hot garbage.

I am running this on an Intel Xeon 2186m - 32GB DD4 memory - Nvidia P4200 8GB - M.2 1TB SSD... and it's just slow. Sometimes freezes outright. Doesn't matter what I'm doing.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi everyone,

Have you tried running the app in compatibility mode or run with graphics processor? 

Just right click on the app and you'll see those options. 

Please let us know if that will work. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Sightseer

[ New ]
Yeah, none of that works. It's just not coded well. When I force it to use my nvidia p4200, it pegs out the card under normal tasks. It pegs out an nvidia p4200, think about that. That's insane. It needs an update, badly.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for letting us know @stoutcave85757,

Please try to contact our customer support team so that they can get all details about this.

They might be able to provide a solution as well. 

You may contact them via phone or chat: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay

Sightseer

[ New ]
Will do.
Tourist

[ New ]

I have just bought the Black Hero 7 and yes its a nice camera but WOW the software is absolute crap! Quick should be renamed as S.....L....O.................W.................!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Yes and this is already more then a year and GoPoop does not do any thing to fix it

Sightseer

[ New ]
I think this problem caused by hardward acceleration because in my case I found 100% GPU usage when edit with Quik. Is it possible disable hardward acceleration on Quik?
Tourist

[ New ]

Seeing as Quik is one of the worst pieces of software I have ever had the misfortune of using (15Mbps exports - seriously GoPro?!?!), does anybody know how to use telemetry data from the Hero 6 Black in good video editing programs such as Premiere?

DashWare does not work beyond the Hero 5 Black, it would seem. 

Explorer

[ New ]
Have you tried RaceRender?
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi all,

So it seems that this software is not really working... If I follow this thread I read about a lot of frustated users... I just bought the GoPro 7 Black and tried the software... with of course the same experiences like all the other users did here. How have you all solved it? By using different software? If yes... any hints which one I should use? It is really sad because in general I like Quik (on mobile it works great).

Sightseer

[ New ]

I cannot believe how slow quick still is. It can't load any of my GoPro footages (Original Hero HD, Hero 3+ Silver, Hero 7 Black) in any sort of timely manner. My computer can run super intensive tasks in Premiere Pro and After Effects but can't run simple software? WTF GoPro, I love your cameras but I am sad you ditched GoPro Studio for this piece of crap. Does anyone know how to pull telemetry data into Premiere without using Quick?

Sightseer

[ New ]

Seirously??? That is the response from GoPro?  A large part of why I bought a GoPro Hero Black 6 recently was the software is included / free.  But it is garbage.  My system not only meets the requirements it well exceeds the reccomended specifications.  It won't play for more than a few seconds before becoming choppy and freezing.  I have a Ryzen 7 1700 with 16GB of high 3000mhz ram set up with XMP and a 7950 3gb video card with a SanDisc Ultra SSD.  What a joke.  

Tourist

[ New ]

Quik must be renamed in SLOWWWWWW or IDLE

Smiley Sad

AMD threadripper 16 CORES 

64 GB Ram 512GB SSD

Hero7 black  and Quik on latested version

About 32 GB used on my 64 GB SD card

Hero7 conected over USB3 on different Ports and other PCs

Import ist not slow it is ULTRA SLOW after 45 Minutes it told me 47/643 Elemente so think i would wait 1Day to import.

There must be something wrong in Quik. i'm not the only user.

From friends i heare that the support is a no-go. I tried it not myself

I bought a hero7black for a week - i hope it is not the last.

heroslow.JPG