Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Super slow GoPro Quick for Windows 10

Yes it is. 

I have the latest installed. Look at the attached image

You can give me a call sure. Where can I leave my number so that it isn`t public?

quik.JPG
GoPro

Thank you for posting back, @grandvista650. I have used a HERO6 Black camera but I have been able to display gauges in Quik. I am using the same version as yours, on a Windows computer.

I apologize as I will not be able to call. We do not have such access from the Hub. Our team will be able to help. For a more personalized support, you can connect with them via phone or chat here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

I see a lot of people are still experiencing sluggish performance of Quick. I solved this by forcing Quick to use the integrated graphic adapter instead of the dedicated, high performance adapter. This obviously only applies for machines with multiple graphic cards. You can find more details on how to do this here:  https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/Quik-for-desktop-Crashes-while-Opening-Cre....

Best,

Rik

Tourist

Thanks I will do that. Hopefully they will be able to help, as this is getting really frustrating

I also am using HERO6.. as for the gauges..god forbid I try to activate them...the app goes into "medival times mode"...

As for the integrated graphioc cards..well since I don`t have multimple cards, this option is off..

Sightseer

Yeah, this software is hot garbage.

I am running this on an Intel Xeon 2186m - 32GB DD4 memory - Nvidia P4200 8GB - M.2 1TB SSD... and it's just slow. Sometimes freezes outright. Doesn't matter what I'm doing.

GoPro

Hi everyone,

Have you tried running the app in compatibility mode or run with graphics processor? 

Just right click on the app and you'll see those options. 

Please let us know if that will work. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Sightseer

Yeah, none of that works. It's just not coded well. When I force it to use my nvidia p4200, it pegs out the card under normal tasks. It pegs out an nvidia p4200, think about that. That's insane. It needs an update, badly.
GoPro

Thanks for letting us know @stoutcave85757,

Please try to contact our customer support team so that they can get all details about this.

They might be able to provide a solution as well. 

You may contact them via phone or chat: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay