Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: Super slow GoPro Quick for Windows 10

Hallo. Bei mir ist die Perfomance der Quik Desktop Version ebenfalls sehr sehr schlecht. Ganz oft reagiert die Anwendung mit "Keine Rückmeldung", außerdem werden meine ausgeschnittenen Clips ohne Bildmaterial wiedergegeben, lediglich der Sound ist zu hören. Habe das Programm schon mehrfach neugestartet und das Problem besteht weiterhin.

GoPro

Hello @krissmiss

Quik playing only audio and not video is an issue that our team is already working on. We are still waiting for updates, though. Some members have been able to resolve the issue by making sure that the computer's video cards are updated, some have been able to install older versions of Quik, others were able to get video with altered video length. For a more personalized support though, you can get in touch with our Support team. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

@mariustanya - Thank you for responding. I looked at the discussion; however, I meet all of the requirements for playing HVEC. Newer than Kaby Lake (I have Coffee Lake), Windows 10, up to date codecs and drivers for my GTX 1080. I can actually play HVEC perfectly with Windows Media Player. It's GoPro Quick that struggles even just playing videos - forget about editing them. Please help. @rikponne seems to have found some kind of solution.

Tourist

Seeing if what worked for @rikponne would work for me. Forcing the program to use the integrated graphics card instead of the gtx 1080. When I right click on the GoPro Quick app, it does not give me the option to choose to run with the other graphics processor. The line item on the popup menu does not exist for me.

Tourist

[ Edited ]

This is frustrating. done verything above (latest drivers, reinstalled the app...) and I think a have a quite decent machine..Quik it works as if I were running it on pentium III....

What happened Go Pro??

Processor: Intel Core i7 4930K

Mainboard: Asus X79 deluxe

RAM: DDR3 64GB

Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Tourist

I also have this problem, and as others have said, my PC is also powerful enough to play 4K60 HEVC content without issues (i7 5820K 6-core OC to 4.2GHz, 32GB DDR4-3200, 11GB GTX 1080 Ti, 960GB SSD). VLC playback works flawlessly.

I bought my Hero 6 specifically for using the telemetry data when mountain biking. Now I can't use it.

Is there another video editing program (such as Premiere Pro CC) that can use the GoPro telemetry data?

Very disappointed by this situation. I will be looking at returning my Hero 6 Black if I don't find a solution within the next week.
GoPro

Hello @grandvista650

Is this the case for all types of media that you play on Quik? And with the latest version of Quik (version 2.6.2)? Our team might be able to help. You can get in touch with them through phone or chat here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

GoPro

Hello @bravevista4471

Sorry to hear about the trouble. What happens when you try to use telemetry in Quik? Are you not able to get the gauges displayed?  You can explore the use of Dashware, Other members use RaceRender.

Thanks, 
Marius