Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: Super slow GoPro Quick for Windows 10

Same problem.  I am ridiculously over powered with my HP Laptop, and this program hangs and hangs.  Removed and reinstalling now.  If this doesn't fix the problem, this cam is going back to Amazon.  

I will not spend $700 to edit on my phone.  GoPro is no longer the only game in town.

Fix this, guys.

Sightseer

Also i have this same problem even trying to add files on my ssd does not work.

I did call about this before they told me i could try it in many different ways in the end of this conversation they told me i should buy a cardreader. 

But i think they are wrong the software is crap. 

When you connect youre GoPro to the pc it should only show the card even when the gopro is turned off.

My quess is they want it to make it to beautifull.

Make it simple let it show like a USB stick copy paste and be done with it.

And i wont start about what pc i have its over kill for something simple like this.

So GoPro make it simple like a USB stick and delete that other **bleep** software im really done with it.

GoPro

Hello @bennyd0, @megastoke51055, @toughbeach50, @wnsslegend22, and @yvesg361

Thank you for your feedback. Our team is looking into this. We will keep you posted as soon as we have new information. Thank you for your patience. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

Hi GoPro team. I am having the same issues. I'm running a new fast build (specs below). GoPro Quik is unsuable. All I can do is import from my Hero 6. I can't play any 4K content without it freezing. When I play the files directly from Media Player Classic, it's awesome and smooth. That means I can't use the GoPro Quik editing/create function. Even without 4K content, the Create function lags so much that I can't select that right spots in my videos or move them around on the timeline. It's really horrible. Please help. Thanks.

Gtx 1080 (8GB)

Coffee Lake i5 unlocked (Liquid Cooled)

Samsung m.2 SSD

16GB Corsair Vengeance (3000 Mhz)

Tourist

Same problem here on my ASUS Zenbook i7 8Gb, Gforce 940M 2Gb, 1Tb SSD. Unusalbe with footage from my Sessions 5.

GoPro

Thank you for sharing particular observations from your devices.

@bluedawn13652.  See if the issue that you are observing is related to some limitations in playing 4K content tagged as HEVC file through this discussion

@rikponne - When you say unusable, does it mean that you are not able to view your footage, or access created mode? Although it may not exactly be crashing, but see if having multiple graphic cards on your computer could be causing the issue. Here is a suggested fix

You can always reach out to our Support team for a more personalized support, this is in consideration that the issue may be related to particular settings on your computer. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

Thanks. I forced GoPro Quick to run using the integrated video adapater, and this had resolved the problem. 

GoPro

Cool! Thank you for sharing, @rikponne. Good to know it worked on your end. Stay stoked and have fun using your GoPro!