Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
GoPro

Re: Super slow GoPro Quick for Windows 10

Hello @relica and @yvesg361,

Thank you for the feedback. We just released a new version for Quik for Desktop (version 2.6.1). Please check if this helps clear the issue. Feel free to post back for any result. https://shop.gopro.com/APAC/softwareandapp/quik-%7C-desktop/Quik-Desktop.html

Best regards, 

Marius

Tourist

Tried the new updated software on my new HP Intel core i5, 8th gen laptop. Its just the same problems, takes 45 seconds minium to open, constant not responding messages. and slow beyond belief. 

Everything else on my PC is fast. Please fix this.

GoPro

Hello @relica

Thank you for trying it out and for your prompt response. We would like to gather specific computer system information to further troubleshoot the issue. In order to do this, please get in touch with our Support team so a case can be established. The information you'll share will be a great help. You can reach the team through phone or chat here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

So i opened a case regarding Desktop Quik running slow on my laptop. After some research GoPro support informed me the problem relates to my dedicated video memory which is too low and non changeable due to HP control on my laptop. My laptop runs everything else fine so why doesn't GoPro make the quik software more flexible. I am now considering returning my new GoPro camera and accessories and moving to another competitor as I feel let down.

GoPro

Hi @relica

I am sorry if you feel this way. While there maybe other programs running on your computer, each program has it's own system requirements. 

Your feedback is important to us, I'll make sure this get's to the right  team.

Please continue to check our website for more updates.

Best,

Ej

Tourist

I still have the same issue. I don't understand why a video program like Cyberlink power editor 16 works perfectly on my Laptop Asus Vivobook... and that QUICK does not !?
Sightseer

I've had the same issue since I upgraded to 2.6.1 - first I was told my graphics drivers were out of date (fixed that), then I was advised to try running it on a different computer that met the specifications for the software - which I pointed out that my current laptop more than exceeds....... Was then told that they'll check with the back office for a solution.....

I only wanted to fix the issue of lag between the overlay and footage which was well out - now I can't run anything..... Have been advised to use another third party software for editing but that defeats the object of having a GoPro and all the functions it's bought for?

All seems to relate to the latest version - maybe GoPro should be looking into what went wrong with the latest upgrade as there seems to be far too many issues - or maybe they just don't care?

Have got 4 GoPro's to date, not sure I'll be buying anymore or associated hardware......

Tourist

I was just coming here to inquire about the same. The software is extremely sluggish, especially when trying to create clips. I don't understand how the same functionality is smooth and painless on my phone. Unlike some others, I can save clips. However, they have audio only... the video itself is just black. What's up with that?

My PC grossly exceeds the minimum requirements...

CPU: 8th gen Intel i7-8700
  GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 (8GB of memory!)
  RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000