Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Super slow GoPro Quick for Windows 10

I don't think GoPro intends to actively support the Quik app for Widnows 10 users.  I have a 9900k, 32GB of DDR4  3200mhz ram and a GTX 1080ti. Storage is samsung 970evo nvme SSDs. The app is unusable to edit footage.  CPU usage shoots up to about 70 or 80% where the app stalls, audio continues and I'm left watching a slideshow for what should be smooth video.  On a side note I can manually open the files that I have imported to import drive and they are buttery smooth.   I've tried all encode formats on the camera and even tried manually installing the hedc codec.  Adobe premiere, as well as native editors work just fine on this rig but I want the overlay functionality that gopro promised on the 7 black.  

Highlighted
Explorer

That's strange. The Quik Desktop app isn't the greatest for editing to be sure, but I just tested it on my laptop (i7 9700K 16GB RAM RTX 2060 1T Samsung SSD) and it worked just fine.

For GPS overlay there are a few options you can try if the Quik Desktop isn't working for you.

1) You can use the mobile GoPro app to add the GPS overlay
2) You can use RaceRender
3) You can use Daskware
4) You can use the Garmin Virb Editor

For the desktop software programs above, you might need to export the xml file first. A GoPro member created a free online tool that will allow you to pull the data that you need. https://tailorandwayne.com/gopro-telemetry-extractor/
Highlighted
Explorer

You can also get more info and community member support by following this group https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Metadata-Visualization/gp-p/Hero5MetadataVisualisation
Highlighted
Tourist

4) You can use the Garmin Virb Editor
GoPro 6 and GoPro 7 not work
Highlighted
Explorer

You tried it after extracting metadata with the online tool?
Highlighted
Tourist

Dear GoPro, telling us to look at the system requirements and then sending us to a largely useless help page isn't very good customer support. I do 360 video editing of my Fusion videos with my graphics card, which far exceeds your requirements, and have no problems. Using Quik, well is just excruciating. Looking at my GPU performance I'm not even sure Quik is using the GPU. Now, if I was on a Mac, which you actually make the effort to support, I'm sure I'd be doing a lot better. The only reason I use GoPro's piss-poor software is to get the gauges. If I use the phone, I get issues with green bars being introduced in the clipping process. Sigh. I get so tired of this and your contemptuous "support."

Highlighted
Tourist

It's pretty pathetic, right? I'll be switching to DJI completely already have their drone and gimbal, now I'll make it a full DJI switch with the Osmo. Way to let America down, Gopro! Just sad.
Highlighted
Sightseer

When I believed in forever, and everything would stay the same
Now my heart feel like December when somebody say your name.
surviv io