Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Super slow GoPro Quick for Windows 10

Great list ! But ANY of the non-linear editing tools will have hard time working with HEVC 4k60 !!!!! Keep that in mind. Becasue all of the frames have to be available at any given momemnt it has to decode video on the fly. Which is quite a CPU intensive thing ( becasue of HEVC ). So unless you have 10-16 cores CPU  you woul have to sit and wait for your Editor to generate preview, do trimming etc....

Ans just to be fair - DaVinci is created by Blackmagic Design whicj is camera company

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

The same problem here.

I have a I5-8300H with a GTX 1050 4G and 8GB ram.

I think the problem is with the HEVC codec. I can reproduce/edit any type of file with x265 (4k+30fps, 1080p+60fps...) but I cannot do it with HEVC files (4k+60fps, 1080p+240fps).

In addition, I have realized that the GPU is not working when I try to reproduce/edit HEVC videos in quick.

I am new in video editing, so I don't know if it's my PC or it's the Quick software.

Regards

Edit: I forgot to say that I can reproduce HEVC videos in windows player and VLC.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I just installed Quik on my PC. I have 32GB ram, 2TB SSD M.2., Quad core i7. I even use Oculus Rift on this machine. So not slow at all.

Everything in the Windows version is dead slow. I think it is the HEVC codec that one need to install from the Windows store, as loading of media and scrubbing is dead slow and unusable. Compared to a MacBook from 2012 where the same videos and app are snappy and usable, this feels like video on Windows 3.11.

What to do? Are there other codec alternatives that can be installed? I guess the codec from the Windows store is ok for playback, but not for scrubbing and media thumbnail generation. 

Please fix.

Best regards,

Oystein

Highlighted
Sightseer

Any update coming to Quik for Windows? Still suuuuuper slow or just not responding. 

Mac and Iphone versions are great.

Highlighted
Sightseer

After chatting with GoPro support - still no solution. 

After searching the internet it seems that installing the HEVC driver from Microsoft does help in Windows, and makes other apps use HEVC videos fine, but Quik still does not work. The issues seems to be that Quik does not use HW accelleration when the PC has a dedicated GPU. Really? This is 2019! 

I really think GoPro can do better than this. It should be expected that the software could handle any video file coming from the camera of the same company. Wow!

Highlighted
Sightseer

Very good camera. Quik software is garbage. What is the use of it if can't edit anything. This issue has been here for over a year, still no fix :(

GoPro Team, Do Something Already!!!

Highlighted
Tourist

I purchased my GoPro Black 7 months ago and have been waiting for a software fix. It's not coming so if anybody is interested I'll sell it for $150 off retail, only been used once. I should have checked the forums before purchasing, my fault for not doing my research.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello!

Please reach out to our Support Team for assistance.

They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej