Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Super slow GoPro Quick for Windows 10

I cannot wrap my ming why GoPro Quick is soooooo slow under Windows 10!

I have i7 6820@2.7Mhz, 16Gb and M.2 Samsung Pro SSD !

How come this garbage can be so slow?  It takes 10-20 second to redraw the screen in Create screen ! Cpu load in not big at all it just constantly doing something spinning blue wheel :( There is nothing else running, clean and fresh windows. I can run 3 VMwares with Ubuntu no problems.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Sightseer

Re: Super slow GoPro Quick for Windows 10

I have the exact same issue and it seams there is no answer or advice to it... extremely frustrating editing on phone only!

Tourist

Any ideas ?I just updated to v2.5.2 and still same sideshow, and then after using in 10 minutes it just hangs permanently! Please help.

Sightseer

I have the same problem. So @GoPro Please wake up and do something ;-) 

This never happend with "GoPro Studio"!

Tourist

Same problem guys. I'm trying to make a short video with some 2.7K (30Fps) files.
It's the first time I try to use the Gopro Quick... but it is so sloooooooooow !
I can't even save the new project.
(sorry for my english... I'm french speaking).
Hope Gopro can solve this issue.

GoPro

Hi Everyone!

I am sorry for any troubles caused. Please ensure that the computer you are working on meets the minimum system requirements for Quik for Desktop. 

Also, you may try to uninstall and reinstall the application. In addition to this, please make sure that the camera has the latest software version.

Should you continue to get the same issue, kindly reach out to our Support Team to further check on this. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

I have personally carried out all the suggestions made by GoPro support but the software remains unusable on my PC and many others. Please support your loyal customers GoPro and fix your GoPro Quik Desktop software. I have the latest intel laptop so processing should not be a problem

Tourist

Same issue !