Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Super slow GoPro Quick for Windows 10

I'm hitting issues with very patchy playback. This happens if you pause and press play a few times in a row, or especially when you pause and add a highlight. As you can see I have a Quadro on a brand new desktop, so it's not my specs, but how Quik uses them. Whatever it is, the decode engine spikes insanely on the lag.
What decoder is Quik using? Looks like my Hero 7 Black was recorded in 1440/60 and in settings it says "H.264 + HVEC", so according to NVIDIA, my GPU supports it

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Tourist

Don't expect an answer. Gopro isn't interested in solving their glitch software. I've been waiting for some years, but still nothing from them. Find another program.
Highlighted
Tourist

I have the same problem.

When playing a HEVC video, QUIK slows down to a slideshow in a few seconds. It worked fine with x264 videos.

I'm running a Ryzen 1700 with GeForce 1080.

Please forward this to a developer:

There's a problem with your HEVC. It seems to work only on Intel hardware. It doesn't use the NVidia 1080 card at all. Even a software decoder should work fine on an 8-core Ryzen. These videos play fine on my computer with software other than QUIK.

Highlighted
Tourist

Unfortunately they will respond with suggesting the end user use a third party playback software. I waited for a fix for Quik for over a year before I ended up selling my Black 7 for a loss
Highlighted
Sightseer

after this time a completely useless program, incredibly slow and impossible to make a quality short video
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @kimits

To view, manage and edit your GoPro videos on a home computer, you can use our free software GoPro Quik for Desktop

GoPro cameras create MP4 and HEVC files. MP4 is a format that is supported by many video editing programs while HEVC will need a more robust graphics card to play smoothly. For other editing options on your home computer, we have had several customers give good reviews of Pinnacle Studio HD, Davinci Resolve,  Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premiere Elements, and Apple's iMovie and Final Cut X. 

For more advance video editing applications, please refer to DaVinci Resolve (Free Version) or Adobe Premiere Pro CC (Paid).

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Dear GoPro team,

I have microsoft surface 2 with highest spacifications:

Windows 10 Pro Creators Update 64-bit

Intel® Core™ i7-8650U quad-core processor

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 discrete GPU w/6GB GDDR5 graphics memory

16 GB RAM 1,866 Mhz LPDDR3

and still i have the same issue with slow operating of GoPro quick App. please we require a sooner feedback to solve this issue.

regards

Mohamed 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Absolutely everything like mine