Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Super slow GoPro Quick for Windows 10

And the best thing is that everyone talks about the same issues... only from GoPro team we read nothing! Interesting kind of support we are getting here. 

GoPro

@cadence001 @becrazy76

If your computer meets the minimum system requirements for Quik for Desktop and is still getting the errors, please reach out to out Support Team.

They are available by phone or chat.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Another user reporting slow Quik software on Windows 10.  I use 2.7K HEVC videos.  They run fine in Windows Media PLayer, DivX player and VLC media player. I can edit and make movies with Adobe Premier Rush and Pro without issues.   Quik on the otherhand is choppy and slow.  I made 1 movie but it was a pain to use.  I would like to use it all the time, but it's just not possible.  YES, have a high end PC and as already mentioned can run and edit HEVC videos.   The software is buggy...   Do the developers have more than one system to do their testing on?  I suggest buying a few different computers with different specs and run your application on them....     The users here seem to be treated like Noobs. GoPro team, please get your act together.

Sightseer

the problem will reach a year... are you guys waiting for it to make aniversary?

Tourist

My Hero 7 now sits gathering dust in a cupboard, I really cannot be botherd with rubbish software, rubbish battery life for an expensive trinket! Anyone thinking about a Gopro dont bother they cheap alternatives will save you money and do exactly the same thing.

GoPro

Hi @spirycave37366

GoPro cameras create MP4 files, a format that is supported by many video editing programs. For other editing options on your home computer, we have had several customers give good reviews of Pinnacle Studio HD, Davinci Resolve,  Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premier Elements, and Apple's iMovie and Final Cut X. 

For more advance video editing applications, please refer to DaVinci Resolve (Free Version) or Adobe Premiere Pro CC (Paid).

VLC Media Player is also a free downloadable video media player that supports MP4 H.264 files.

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

Hey @aragon1006,

Other people have recommended better action cameras that have software that works. Maybe we should all go try those action cameras instead?!?
Tourist

@aragon1006, why bother replying if you are just going to palm off the problem?